Recent content by MJ61

  1. MJ61

    TKR New knee newbie<<

    KNEELING Yes? No? or it just feels too weird to do it
  2. MJ61

    TKR New knee newbie<<

    OK So I haven't posted in a while. But this are moving along. I returned to work yesterday I'm a teacher aid in the classroom so mostly I sit and listen to 1st graders read and sometimes move around the room. My job is only 1.5hrs a day. I get this call from our district that I need to go for...
  3. MJ61

    TKR New knee newbie<<

    @Jacimarble I had the same thing happen to my shoulder when I had surgery 2yrs ago. I just wouldn't move then after 2 months it worked. My knee the same thing . when I realized I had the same thing going on with my knee I knew it would take 2 months. It frustated my PT because he had never had...
  4. MJ61

    TKR Therapy verses a MUA<

    @Indi55 I've been told I have a very special husband. He's never complained about anything he stood by me (well actually stood way back) when I'd have my meltdowns and would throw things across the room in frustration was always there with encouragement. He's my 2nd husband (we were high school...
  5. MJ61

    TKR New knee newbie<<

    Here I am 3 months in RTKR and 3wks post MUA, and I know that restless/ sleepless night are kinda the norm during recovery. But when does it end? The most I can get sleep wise is 2-3hrs straight mostly 2hrs at a time. Then my bladder decides "well since your awake..."And trying to get...
  6. MJ61

    TKR New knee newbie<<

    I saw my Dr yesterday and I ask him if anti inflammatory would work in taking down my swelling. I've been icing and it just seems way too swollen. He seemed surprised that he hadn't given them too me. So have any of you taken them and are they working for you? I think the selling is really...
  7. MJ61

    TKR New knee newbie<<

    Tomorrow will be 12 wks since my TKR and 13 days since my MUA. Friday at PT I was able to get to 85 degrees Thats only 10 less from what PT got me in the hospital 24hrs after the MUA. I said I'll take that. I see my Dr tomorrow I'm interested in seeing what he says. I'm still very stiff and in...
  8. MJ61

    TKR New knee newbie<<

    @Jockette I hear you about not having a grab bar for the toilet. I went to a friends house and her grab bar is on the left side. Everywhere you go where there are grab bars in the toilets its on the right. It made getting up really hard. I told her the bar was on the wrong side she said they...
  9. MJ61

    TKR New knee newbie<<

    OK now that I've calmed down, I have a question. Is there a reason why you don't put heat also on the knee? My muscles are really really tight I've tried to massage them but they won't let go.
  10. MJ61

    TKR New knee newbie<<

    Sorry I have to scream THIS IS THE WORST THING I HAVE EVER DONE.!! Its been a week since my MUA and thought I was doing good. before I left the hospital I was able to get a 95 degree bend I was so happy, I been doing my exercises every day and went to my first PT today. I was barely able to get...
  11. MJ61

    TKR New knee newbie<<

    Well i'm almost a week later from my MUA. Sunday was a really bad day for pain, I think when my Dr did the it my hip got out of wack. I had to go to my chiropractor yesterday and he knew right away my hip was out jstu by the way I was walking. So I cut back on my stretching exercises. I go back...
  12. MJ61

    TKR New knee newbie<<

    @CaliCat Like I've see others post here I think Dr talk MUA to get you motivated to move. I got stuck at about 6-7wks at 73. No matter what I did it wouldn't move. I had the MUA at 10wks. When the Dr says it was quite loud when he bent it Thats telling me I did have something going on. I'm...
  13. MJ61

    TKR New knee newbie<<

    Well here I am on the other side of my MUA which was on Aug. 1. My Dr was able to get my knee to 130! I haven't seen him but he told my husband that there was a lot of scar tissue and you could really hear it when he broke it up. He did take pictures and showed them to my husband. They had me...
  14. MJ61

    TKR New knee newbie<<

    My MUA is on Wednesday. I'm looking forward to a decent bend. I know I will be back to square 1 as far as recovery, But I know what needs to be done this time. Where as when I had my knee replaced I was left floundering with zero guidance. I will be in the hospital 2days but I know what needs to...
  15. MJ61

    TKR Driving the day after an MUA

    Wow Driving at 6wks! and a bend of 60. I'm 9wks and 73 bend I haven't even attempted to drive. I'm getting a MUA on Wed. Good luck.
Back
Top Bottom