Recent content by Mittenscat

  1. Mittenscat

    TKR Pinching pain behind knee at 9 weeks po

    Has anyone had therapeutic ultrasound on ligment and fascia behind TNR? I am 10 weeks post RTKR.
  2. Mittenscat

    TKR Pinching pain behind knee at 9 weeks po

    @Jockette thank you for information. I stopped my agressive leg extension exercises. I am hoping I just over did. Still pinching and pain but slightly better. I guess at 9 weeks I thought I would be much better then I am.
  3. Mittenscat

    TKR Pinching pain behind knee at 9 weeks po

    I have been recovering well. Walking with walking sticks outside for 30 minutes and riding stationary bike inside. 120 flexion but still not at 0 extension, but close. Suddenly pinching pain behind my knee has started. I have been working on extension gently. Can the new knee be catching on...
  4. Mittenscat

    TKR Post op 1st week

    My suggestion is to follow the bone smart suggestions on healing and pain. I am at 3 1/2 weeks. Fortunately my OS and PT believe in the NO pain and allow your knee to heal before pushing it . Do exercises but stop if very painful. Ice and rest. Read Bone Smart information. It is very...
  5. Mittenscat

    TKR Benne68's 1st TKR recovery

    Me too. I am super hungry so probably eating more then I should..I was hungry even right after surgery in hospital. So much for losing weight. We are all so different.
  6. Mittenscat

    TKR Pinching pain behind knee at 9 weeks po

    I have all those pillows stuffed around me too. I try on my back but always with pain ... will wake up on side or stomach. Glad to know all should be ok despite my moving around in my sleep.
  7. Mittenscat

    TKR Pinching pain behind knee at 9 weeks po

    Day 8 after surgery . I am a side and stomach sleeper which is quite painful for knee. I am happy I am sleeping but wondered if I am hurting my progress by sleeping in these positions? I am not directly on my stomach but close.
  8. Mittenscat

    TKR Pinching pain behind knee at 9 weeks po

    Thank you. I am really benefiting from Bone Smart web site. Is an anticoagulant usually given for 2 weeks after surgery? I am on one but haven't see it mentioned yet by others.
  9. Mittenscat

    TKR Pinching pain behind knee at 9 weeks po

    Today is day 5. Lots of bruising and pain. Using tylenol and hydromorphine and ice machine. First physio Thursday. Not looking forward to getting downstairs, car and into therapy building, but each day slightly better so hoping for more improvement by day 7.
  10. Mittenscat

    TKR Pinching pain behind knee at 9 weeks po

    Would like to follow the progress of anyone who had RTKR on September 10..
Back
Top Bottom