Recent content by mistyfuse1

  1. M

    TKR TKA spacer revision

    Not sure if I am Posting in the right area: I have finally scheduled my Revision surgery for 5/19/21. My RTKR was done 3/3/20. Although I regained flexion and extension, I was never able to walk confidently without a cane and the leg gradually started to hyperextend (although this may have...
  2. M

    Please I need to change my username

    I had to create a new Username as I couldn't log on. This new one (Mistyfuse1) has a new email address. Old info/email under Mistyfuse. Could Admin please merge accounts. Thank you
  3. M

    TKR TKA spacer revision

    Thank you Pumpkin. Your reply does help clarify what is going on with my knee. Only having the surgery and time will tell!
  4. M

    TKR TKA spacer revision

    2/10/21- I am still in a holding pattern with the revision surgery for my R TKR. Probably will schedule in April. Doc can give me no real assurance that I'll be good after this revision. I'm still confused regarding some of the information I received via Bonesmart. Moderator replied...
  5. M

    Revision TKR Isolated Polyethylene Exchange?

    I am looking at the same kind of revision surgery. My TKR was a year ago 3/3/20. I was never able to achieve full function and the leg now hyperextends. I was told that a larger "spacer" was needed. In regards to recovery, Doc told me that recovery will be equally as difficult as the...
  6. M

    TKR TKA spacer revision

    Good luck cjackso21 on your upcoming surgery 1/22/21. I have had a second opinion and need for revision confirmed by the second OS. I am not scheduled yet and don't know if elective surgerys are being done in my area due to Covid. Hope all your questions were answered and you're feeling...
  7. M

    TKR TKA spacer revision

    I'm still trying to figure out why my surgical knee hyperextends before moving forward with a revision surgery. One of the responses on this Forum was that it is not always possible for the OS to know how much tendons and ligaments might tighten up after surgery. Another response indicated...
  8. M

    Revision TKR Isolated Polyethylene Exchange to Improve ROM?

    I understand your angst as I've been recommended to have a spacer revision surgery also. I am almost 10 months out from my TKA and have never regained full walking function. (Use cane and/or walker). My flexion and alignment are within normal limits but knee hyperextends. Also, contributing...
  9. M

    TKR TKA spacer revision

    Original date of my R TKA surgery: 3/3/20. Thank you Celle for your reply. It is helpful to know that it is usually a very successful operation.
  10. M

    TKR TKA spacer revision

    Still trying to wrap my head around news that I need a spacer revision for my TKA done in March '20 (before lockdown). OS recommended a larger one. The knee hyperextends and still doesn't feel normal. Since I never got back to walking without aids, wondering if there is a "normal" after this...
  11. M

    TKR TKA spacer revision

    I am 9 months out from a right TKA. A full functional recovery has been complicated by history of spinal degenerative disk disease. My OS confirms that the leg hyperextends a few degrees and can be corrected by a larger spacer revision surgery. I had a second opinion & hyperextension and...
Back
Top Bottom