Thanks guys... I will definitely take it easy and not let them push me. I won’t be walking on that leg until my 3 months is up. I’m envisioning it being more of a consult to see how they plan to move forward, but I will take it easy. Thank you for the reminders.
I was fully able bodied prior to my accident and surgery. I am only not walking because of the doctor recommendation to not weight bear for 3 months. I’ve seen the doctor just once each month since the surgery. So, it doesn’t sound too different than you. It does leave you with a lot of time...
Hello again... sorry to hear about your osteoporosis diagnosis. I have a Dexa scan setup in a couple months to see if I have a similar issue. I'm not expecting that I have an issue, but I'm also surprised that I fractured my hip.
I had a follow up appointment last week and things are...
@Mandie4711 - I had my pinning surgery just a few days before you, so we're about the same point in recovery. I wasn't sure if you are weight bearing on your leg or not yet, but I am not. At this point I don't have a lot of pain most of the time, but I do get pains in different places at...
@Layla Thank you! On one hand it's hard to believe it's been two months already, but on the other hand it seems like it was so long ago. I've been meaning to jump on and post an update.
I saw my PA last week and got a new set of x-rays. Thankfully it was all good news. The pictures showed...
Hello @Hobbling Along...
I also fell on the ice and I had a non-displaced femoral neck fracture fixed with a DHS about 7 weeks ago. I’ve been non weight bearing since the surgery. My surgeon recommend 3 months non weight bearing post surgery. I actually fell and had surgery away from home...
@Jacey @Layla @Izabel @Elf1
Thanks to all of you for your information and words of encouragement. I appreciate your in-site. I’ll definitely keep everyone posted.
@Laskyd - That’s tough... I’m sorry your original repair didn’t work out, but I hope that your recovery for your THR is going...
Hello everyone... I found this site a few weeks ago and have been meaning to post. I wasn’t sure what to write, so I hope this doesn’t end up being too long. Unfortunately, on the evening of 12/29, I took a hard fall on some ice while walking in a parking lot and fractured my left hip and...
Hi @zippa1913,
I hope your recovery has gone well and the repair remains successful. I’m also a 38 year old fit male who just broke his hip about 3 weeks ago... looks like just about one year after you. I had hip pinning surgery on 12/30/19. I’m hoping that you may still be following this...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.