Recent content by MidwestTKR

  1. M

    TKR Patella and quadricep tendinosis

    After having a lot of pain when walking for a month, I had an MRI and was diagnosed with mild partial tears in both the patellar tendon and the quadriceps tendon, tendinosis of the patella tendon and quadriceps tendon and moderate knee joint effusion. My ortho doc has ordered a patella strap...
  2. M

    TKR Patella and quadricep tendinosis

    @Jajakio , Thank you so much for your post. It was so helpful to read. I am going to talk with the PT and ask all kinds of questions. I absolutely agree with you that I will need to "listen to how my body responds." Anything that causes more pain, is not good. It's interesting you mentioned...
  3. M

    TKR Patella and quadricep tendinosis

    Hi Jockette, I appreciate all the feedback so thank you!!!!! As those of us on the boards here know all too well, when we are in pain that significantly affects our ability to perform normal ADL, it is very difficult. I don't know what I would have done without the wonderful people on the board...
  4. M

    TKR Patella and quadricep tendinosis

    Hi Jockette, The Ortho doc gave me the impression it is to strengthen the area (?muscles) around the tendon so it doesn't put as much pressure on the tendons. I have to admit, my muscle tone in my legs, is non existent!) When I googled tendinosis, everything he is doing, is what they advise...
  5. M

    TKR Patella and quadricep tendinosis

    @Jockette , The tears are very small partial tears and will heal on their own. I just edited my update to reflect that. The PT is to strengthen the muscles around the tendons. I also think they may be able to do some type of other therapy besides exercises. Perhaps to increase blood flow to...
  6. M

    TKR Patella and quadricep tendinosis

    Hi everyone, thank you for your replies. I met with the ortho surgeon this am as he wanted to go over the results of the MRI in person. He had the MRI images pulled up and told me that i have 2 very small partial tears- one in the patellar tendon with tendinosis and 1 in the quadriceps tendon...
  7. M

    TKR 8 weeks and still have pain

    Hi Chrisily2, I can tell you I had pain after 8 weeks and did not go back to work until 12 weeks and my ortho doc still restricted me to desk work. (i remember feeling so anxious going back to work after 12 weeks as I was still having trouble sleeping and had to keep my foot elevated and iced...
  8. M

    TKR Patella and quadricep tendinosis

    @Josephine, My TKR was over 3 years ago- it was April of 2015. Since recuperating from my TKR, I have done NO PT exercises. I have only been living my regular life and I don't exercise regularly or belong to a gym. I have no idea for sure how I did this. I am however a divorced, single woman...
  9. M

    TKR Patella and quadricep tendinosis

    I just spoke with the physician's assistant in the ortho surgeon's office. (He was involved with my surgery as well.) He said the tear is not from the surgery as it is a lateral tear and they went in medial.) He mentioned that he thought the recovery would involve resting the knee-leg and PT. I...
  10. M

    TKR Patella and quadricep tendinosis

    Hi All, The MRI results are in: @Josephine - please let me know your thoughts. It hurts significantly to walk. I was able to access my MRI results in the patient portal today. Waiting for my ortho doc to call me to discuss. I just left them a voice mail. Of note, the pain in my knee last...
  11. M

    TKR Patella and quadricep tendinosis

    @Josephine, My knee started to feel slightly better on Wednesday and I was so happy to feel better that I went out shopping for about an hour to get things done and then out to dinner to treat myself, so I didn't have to cook. On Thursday, the pain with walking was back in full force. The pain...
  12. M

    TKR Patella and quadricep tendinosis

    @Spex10 , Thank you! I am hoping that the MRI shows that whatever is causing the pain can be helped by just rest.
  13. M

    TKR Patella and quadricep tendinosis

    @Josephine , I am unable to get you an Xray at this time. On Tuesday, I had to walk to another building down the road for my job and I was in a lot of pain- about a level 7-8 when walking. As a result, I called the ortho doc and told them that I want to have an MRI now to find out what is...
  14. M

    TKR Patella and quadricep tendinosis

    @Josephine , Hi Josephine, Please remember that I am 3 years post knee replacement and I was doing very well until 2 weeks ago when the knee pain began suddenly and is only when walking. No pain at any other time. The answers to your questions are as follows: 1. Pain with walking in early...
  15. M

    TKR Patella and quadricep tendinosis

    @Josephine , Yes, I am more than happy to answer any questions!!!! The pain in my knee presently is just centered right on the knee with walking, so it is not like the picture. Right now the pain is in the D area and RB1 and RB2. (The pain when I did too much walking, extended up the side of...
Back
Top Bottom