Recent content by mictm

  1. mictm

    TKR Struggling with pain relief

    So glad you responded, its made me think that I'm just being a bit impatient. I know I really overdid when first out of hospital and didn't rest or ice nearly enough, won't make that mistake next time, you really don't get any thanks for being a 'martyr' and doing everything for everyone as you...
  2. mictm

    TKR Struggling with pain relief

    Hello everyone again, its been a while since I posted. I've really been waiting for something interesting to post but my recovery hasn't been quite as rapid as I had expected. It's now 6 months since the TKR and although I have full ROM (which I've had since about 3 mths really) the knee is...
  3. mictm

    TKR Struggling with pain relief

    Hi everyone, thought I'd give you an update. Its 4 weeks tomorrow since the op and I now have 110% ROM, I have had my 3 week review with the surgeon and he is happy with how it is going, and he has said I can get back into a pool now for exercise which I look forward to. I'm also doing a session...
  4. mictm

    TKR Struggling with pain relief

    Thank you to everyone for your invaluable help, it is just so good to know I'm not the only one and that there is light at the end of the pain tunnel. I have now started back on the Voltaren/Panadol regime and hope it helps, and will be icing and elevating a lot more than I have been. I will be...
  5. mictm

    TKR Struggling with pain relief

    Hi Margaret, I live in St. Andrews Beach which is on the Mornington Peninsula in Victoria. My daughter is a personal trainer in Auckland. No where near Queenstown I know but still NZ. Funny you should mention the wheat pack I have type of sciatica as well which is not happy with the way I have...
  6. mictm

    TKR Struggling with pain relief

    Thank you both for responding, I will go see my local GP but nausea is not the only problem with pain relief I get really unwell and dizzy, it happens with certain antibiotics as well, so not sure if there is anything out here to help me, may just have to tough it out. I took the dressing off...
  7. mictm

    TKR Struggling with pain relief

    Hello everyone, this is my first time on your forum, I am from Australia and had a TKR of my right knee on 6th Aug 2013 just over 2 weeks ago. My PT seems happy with my ROM which is zero flat and 95 bent but my problem is dealing with the pain. I am unable to take most pain killers including any...
Back
Top Bottom