Recent content by Mich86

  1. M

    Bilateral TKR Post 4 weeks bilateral knee replacement-still in pain

    HI, I haven't posted in a while. Here is where I am now. Almost 11 weeks. Can walk on treadmill and do bicycle for up to half hour. Knees do not hurt what is bothersome is that when I sit and lay down for a long time I think I am experiencing nerve pain; It is such a weird feeling and I cannot...
  2. M

    Bilateral TKR Post 4 weeks bilateral knee replacement-still in pain

    HI all, Needing some encouragement. I am at 7 weeks bilateral po. Able to walk around the block but I get very tired. I just set the table for Thanksgiving and am exhausted. My legs are very tired. I am icing them now. Not much pain now just overall tiredness. Can do 15-20 minute on stationery...
  3. M

    Bilateral TKR Post 4 weeks bilateral knee replacement-still in pain

    Hi all, I am feeling stronger and am trying to stay away from Ibuprofen. It is upsetting my stomach so badly. I will be 5 weeks post op on Tuesday. I've stopped doing intensive PT exercises and my pain is down. For the past 2 nights I haven't had excruciating pain. You guys were right lay off...
  4. M

    Bilateral TKR Post 4 weeks bilateral knee replacement-still in pain

    Thanks for the advice on NSAIDs. There really is no safe meds then. Good luck on your surgery next month
  5. M

    Bilateral TKR Post 4 weeks bilateral knee replacement-still in pain

    Hi everyone, Thanks for all your advice. I got in touch with the doctor, she said that to stop PT since I am already ahead of the game and no need to do more. Just do the home exercises that don't give me pain. She also told me I can go ahead and take Ibuprofen and alternate with Tylenol. She...
  6. M

    Bilateral TKR Post 4 weeks bilateral knee replacement-still in pain

    @Jane66. Thanks so much. I will definitely start taking it easy and try getting my pain under control. Still waiting for doc to call me back. Are you going to physical therapy? Warm regards,
  7. M

    Bilateral TKR Post 4 weeks bilateral knee replacement-still in pain

    Hi, It was my choice to stop taking the narcotics i.e. oxycodone. It was making me sick. So I stopped at 2 weeks and have been taking Tylenol. Also taking Meloxicam as anti-inflammatory per doctor. Was also given gabapentin for nerve pain but that lowered my blood pressure too much (which could...
  8. M

    Bilateral TKR Post 4 weeks bilateral knee replacement-still in pain

    Hi, I am 4 weeks post op. Pain is unbearable at night. I can compare it to contractions during child labor. I have stabbing pains as well in different parts of my knees. I am not on any narcotic medication and only using Tylenol which I don't think does much for the pain. Anybody have this...
  9. M

    Bilateral TKR Post 4 weeks bilateral knee replacement-still in pain

    date of operation October 6th. Bilateral Knee replacement-age 51
Back
Top Bottom