Recent content by mercy2you

  1. mercy2you

    TKR mercy2you recovery thread

    It's been almost 7 months now and it feels like the surgery was a failure. I have not made any progress for months. I am in pain the minute I stand up and cannot walk 1/8 mile without excruciating pain. 1/3 of my lower limb is still numb. I am far worse off than before the surgery. Surgeon says...
  2. mercy2you

    TKR mercy2you recovery thread

    I am struggling still - with so much inflammation, stiffness and numbness. I walk stiff legged and it has affected my gate, causing pain in my hip and low back. My Mobility is still very limited. When I go to the store after about 1 and 1/2 aisles, I'm in pain. The furthest I can walk is about a...
  3. mercy2you

    TKR mercy2you recovery thread

    @Layla I must have seen it under "About" on your profile, but I do not see "About" tab anymore. Oh well. It could have been a mistake on my part. I apologize.
  4. mercy2you

    TKR 11 weeks post op, can't sleep

    Sleep is a problem for me too. I get so restless and I cannot lay on either side for more than a minute or two. I am a side sleeper. I'm sick of lying on my back. It'd be one thing if it was just sleeplessness, but it's this restlessness and agitation that comes with it. I feel for you!
  5. mercy2you

    TKR mercy2you recovery thread

    Layla! You were born 3 days after me! When did you have your surgery? Was it left or right? I am so glad I posted how it's going, because I swear I felt very alone in my experience. So, THANK YOU for replying. I had NO IDEA it was going to be so hard, painful and such a long recovery. I swear -...
  6. mercy2you

    TKR mercy2you recovery thread

    I don't know if I am posting this in the "correct" spot here, but I had my left TKR on January 9th (9 weeks ago) and my recovery feels brutal and extremely slow. I've gone into apathy, despondent mode and been quite depressed. I began PT 3 days post surgery and was climbing stairs on my 2nd day...
  7. mercy2you

    TKR January 5, 2023 Total Knee Replacement Surgery

    I'm having my left knee replaced. I'm feeling nervous. I have my a joint replacement "webinar" tomorrow and my pre-op appt next Wednesday. I don't even know yet what the surgery consists of yet. I've had wrist surgery but nothing else.
Back
Top Bottom