Recent content by mer123

  1. M

    THR Psoas Problems after THR

    Pat, I had my full release at lower trochanter last week, March 17. The day after, the doc asked if I felt anything different. It concerned me because I was not able to tell a difference the day after. I asked him how long it would take before I know if it worked. He said 2 weeks. I am 6...
  2. M

    THR Psoas Problems after THR

    @Hip4life Bless your heart! Your story gives me hope and encouragement. I can only imagine how relieved you are to be out of pain!!! I hope to get to that point soon. It has been a long journey and I am exhausted. Your pain sounds very similar to mine. I do not know if I feel the tendon moving...
  3. M

    THR Psoas Problems after THR

    @Hip4life Thank you so much for sharing your experience and assuring me that there is still hope. Some days I do not think it will ever be resolved. I went back and talked to the doc who wants to do open release at lower trochanter and look at hip for any problems. He said since I had two failed...
  4. M

    THR Psoas Problems after THR

    @Hip4life Thank you so much for responding and sharing your story. I have learned a lot reading your posts and others who have experienced psoas problems after THR. I am at a critical point in deciding to have the psoas full release at the lower trochanter via open surgery or arthroscopic. The...
  5. M

    THR Psoas Problems after THR

    @Marvy Thank you for your response. That is excellent news that someone finally found the problem! I can only imagine what a relief it has been for you. I am hoping someone will figure mine out. I am willing to do anything including another surgery to fix this problem. However, doctors are...
  6. M

    THR Psoas Problems after THR

    @Hip4life It sounds like you have made a great recovery after the full psoas release at the lesser trochanter. I am in the process of getting opinions about doing it arthroscopic versus open. Can you let me know if you explored both and if so, why you went with arthoscopic? Also, where did...
  7. M

    THR Psoas Problems after THR

    @MoveOn1 I have never heard of a test to predict psoas problems in all of my research. I have heard that it is more prevalent with anterior versus posterior. More doctors do anterior because it is easier for them and a faster recovery for patients. Research shows that developing a psoas...
  8. M

    THR Psoas Problems after THR

    @SaraK @Jws. I had a hip replacement in March 2019. Three months into recovery, doctor suspected psoas problem. I had two diagnostic injections which helped and confirmed that psoas was a problem. In Aug 2019 I had a psoas release, which did not help. Was referred to core muscle doc in...
  9. M

    THR Psoasis Relief

    Jws, My situation sounds very similar to yours. I talked to several doctors at HSS, Mayo and DC to expore my options to address this nighmare with my psoas after THR. Please let me know what you decided to do and the outcome. Thank you!
Back
Top Bottom