Recent content by Megsmum75

  1. Megsmum75

    THR Megsmum75's Recovery

    Hello! Long time no see but I have come back to my trusted Bonesmart to ask a question! Hip is amazing - did a half marathon walk on the Jurassic coast (very hilly) a few weekends ago and it was fine - I took it slow and steady but confirmed to me all is working as it should. I now row twice a...
  2. Megsmum75

    THR Megsmum75's Recovery

    Thanks everyone! Xx
  3. Megsmum75

    THR Megsmum75's Recovery

    Hello! Well, it is 5 months post op and generally things are great apart from my hip is still so inflexible! I cannot sit cross legged and struggle to get up from the floor - I have constant low pain in my hip and resort to painkillers at night on a regular basis. I know I did too much too soon...
  4. Megsmum75

    THR Megsmum75's Recovery

    Hello! I have been back at work since week 7 - I won’t lie, it’s been challenging at times as although as I was on a phased return, living in a busy boarding school means a phased return is virtually impossible. But work colleagues have been great, looking out for me and not giving me cover etc...
  5. Megsmum75

    THR Megsmum75's Recovery

    Many thanks - yes - it’s easy to forget that it’s still early days. I have told work that I will be on phased return for another 4 weeks which takes me to half term, so with a week off for that I should be good to go for the final stretch! I am struggling a bit at the mo - lots of rest today and...
  6. Megsmum75

    THR Can’t put sock on operated leg 9 weeks post THR

    It’s often just too much effort for me so I wear Birkenstock most days or slip on shoes! I am 8 weeks out and it’s really quite painful but I can do shoelaces - 2 weeks ago there was no chance - so it does get better slowly. But my hip really doesn’t like it so I am grateful summer is...
  7. Megsmum75

    THR Megsmum75's Recovery

    8 weeks post op tomorrow and feeling a bit up and down. Mentally it’s great to be back at work although this week I am being stricter about my phased return and actually stopping. I am really frustrated by well meaning comments about me being back on a phased return - along the lines you look...
  8. Megsmum75

    THR Megsmum75's Recovery

    Oh my goodness. One day back at work and I am shattered and in pain - I feel like crying. No kids in today - only meetings - but I have so much to do and feel slightly sick. Have no idea what I am doing teaching wise as school still sorting out a phased return, but it’s really stressful. And...
  9. Megsmum75

    THR Megsmum75's Recovery

    Nearly 6 weeks and I have felt really good this last day or two - I am driving comfortably for about 30mins or so - it’s not really the driving that is uncomfortable but the stiffness getting in and out of the car! I am carrying my crutch rather than using it on walks but not quite ready to go...
  10. Megsmum75

    THR Megsmum75's Recovery

    Thankyou - I certainly didn’t intend to go on a 2 day job interview but sometimes opportunities come up and you have to grab them if you can. I try really hard to stay positive and keep moving - but I am not always so upbeat and have shed enough tears of frustration this last few weeks! I ache...
  11. Megsmum75

    THR Megsmum75's Recovery

    Didn’t get the job - I was disappointed but after thinking about it realise it wasn’t quite right. Feedback was good - I think I was too expensive as getting on a bit!! 5 weeks post op today - drove for the first time and felt fine. Struggling with aches - I am so grumpy by the end of the day...
  12. Megsmum75

    THR Megsmum75's Recovery

    Still waiting to hear - they did say it would be Thursday - but to be honest I am so shattered the day has passed in a blur. It has shown me that even though I am relatively fit and young there is no way I can go back to full time teaching and boarding duties yet - I have written to request a...
  13. Megsmum75

    THR Megsmum75's Recovery

    All done - now collapsed on daughters bed getting strength to catch train back!! I really enjoyed the day - I found myself walking up and down stairs with relative ease (with a crutch) - not the one step at a time. Don’t get me wrong, my muscles are singing now but it was good to know I could do...
  14. Megsmum75

    THR Megsmum75's Recovery

    I think the adrenaline kicks in when it has to and the brain fog goes. I have booked special Assistance on the train - they will help carry bags so I can take 2 sticks, then a taxi to a hotel directly opposite the school so no travelling the next day and I can just leave all my stuff at...
  15. Megsmum75

    THR Megsmum75's Recovery

    I did it - through to the final two! Just got to work out the logistics now of getting there and through the day. Had a lovely chat today with an 83 yr old who had a thr 2 days after me - he was totally amazing - using a frame - but was out for a coffee in the sunshine. He was so positive and...
Back
Top Bottom