Recent content by Meggo

  1. Meggo

    MUA After MUA 5 days ago, at 11 weeks

    I am at 20 weeks/5 months for TKR rt knee. I'm back to building up my biking, and am doing a little home PT w extension and yoga, plus some of the PT exercises they gave me. If this a year-long process, I trust that the stiffness and discomfort will eventually mostly disappear, and that my...
  2. Meggo

    MUA After MUA 5 days ago, at 11 weeks

    Idk if I’m am writing a reply in the right place, to respond to someone. I tapped Quote this message and what looks like a reply arrow?, a curved-to-the -left arrow, and began typing. Hope that worked. sigh
  3. Meggo

    MUA After MUA 5 days ago, at 11 weeks

    Your words are v encouraging to read! Yes, a number is just a number. What counts is what you are happy getting to do again. Thank you!
  4. Meggo

    MUA After MUA 5 days ago, at 11 weeks

    Re the MUA, I can’t tell if it did anything other than line the surgeon’s pocket a little more? All of the Bonesmart replies to my earlier MUA query said to : don’t bother getting it, that the knee just needs time, that the MUA will traumatize the knee and provide a setback. (The PT...
  5. Meggo

    MUA After MUA 5 days ago, at 11 weeks

    Well. If someone called Jockette says that her knee bends just fine now, I feel encouraged that I Will be biking again, going to Zumba and dancing once this pesky pandemic is done, hiking, etc etc. Are you pleased with your recovery that way, that you are as active as you would like to be...
  6. Meggo

    MUA After MUA 5 days ago, at 11 weeks

    Thank you all, Jaycey, Kneeper, Jamie, Jockette, Knit Chica. With you guys, I feel like I have had real therapy, of the healing kind, from you all. Today when I allowed my PT to assist me with a heel slide after I had brought the knee back with my own power, she told me that she can sense...
  7. Meggo

    MUA After MUA 5 days ago, at 11 weeks

    By the time I read everyone’s thoughtful replies based on experience and science, I had had the MUA done. I can’t tell that the knee is any different from pre-MUA? The PTs saw me every weekday for two weeks; they appeared to believe that they now had to force and push the knee to go deeper...
  8. Meggo

    MUA After MUA 5 days ago, at 11 weeks

    I had MUA on Tues. Daily PT inc that very afternoon. The surgeon broke up adhesions and moved my rt TKR to 140-145degree flexion range. At PT I was at 115 degrees flexion, and I’m at 125 now, w assistance from therapist. The moves all still hurt, as if no adhesions were broken up, yet I am...
  9. Meggo

    MUA After MUA 5 days ago, at 11 weeks

    New diff thread title please: a progress plateau/ tomorrow a manipulation under anesthesia at 11 wks TKR My surgeon last week said if I'd like to hasten the restoration and further flexion, to consider a manipulation under anesthesia. What is your experience with that, those of you post- TKR...
  10. Meggo

    MUA After MUA 5 days ago, at 11 weeks

    I braved up and convinced my knee to try out biking, and it worked! It felt impossible at the start, but eventually I was biking on my street and on nearby neighborhood streets for about half an hour including the warming-up and convincing part! I will find out tmrow at PT if my ROM has...
  11. Meggo

    Welcome to the August Hotshots' 2020 Knee Recovery Club

    Great ! and Thanks! Being in the August Hot Shots 2020 Knee Recovery Club will be v beneficial. I am excited about what all we can learn from each other as we navigate this knee replacement biz. Thanks again.
  12. Meggo

    MUA After MUA 5 days ago, at 11 weeks

    Hi all - I had TKR on my RIGHT knee Aug 18, 2020. I am 63, located in Florida. Thanks to everyone who has written me back. Your input and articles have expanded my knowledge and my belief that I'm gonna get better and better. Thanks again.
  13. Meggo

    MUA After MUA 5 days ago, at 11 weeks

    Am I about to soar into the 120-130 degree range and I can finally bike again? Or am I stuck, and headed for a ‘revision’ ? I’m doing great in so many ways. No staff (surgeon or PTs) suggested this site as a resource ? I’m grateful for the guidelines and advice offered here.
Back
Top Bottom