Recent content by Me2

  1. Me2

    TKR Me Too Knee Recovery

    Thank you for checking in on me. I've been back to work since Day 5 so every day is a routine of intense working, intense resting, and being patient with recovery. I had a huge problem when I tried to switch from Tramadol to ibuprofen. I had experienced some mouth sores last summer when I...
  2. Me2

    TKR Me Too Knee Recovery

    I made it thru my January 30 knee replacement. Surgery scheduled at 7:00 went on time. I do stay fully awake for my surgeries with just a spinal and regional nerve block. I know weird but it works for me. 77 minute actual surgery time so back in my outpatient room by 8:55. Our out-patient...
  3. Me2

    TKR Having TKR January 30

    Good morning! I love it. I too am doing very well. I was actually home by Noon yesterday! Struggling NOT to do too much I feel so good! I was thinking the nerve block working but woke up this morning with very little pain still after 24 hours.
  4. Me2

    TKR Me2 - Knee 1

    These last days before surgery sure are stressful. My jaws hurt from clenching through the night! I am "breathing" so many times throughout the day! Big breaths. I know I can do this. I think
  5. Me2

    TKR Me2 - Knee 1

    Nowhere else anywhere would I get the answer to these questions like that! So glad I still have you all to answer and give personal feedback! I really appreciate. With only four more sleeps to go and doing my pre-surgery due diligence, I am ever so steadily getting my head and body in the...
  6. Me2

    TKR Me2 - Knee 1

    Greetings BoneSmartees! I am scheduled for knee replacement on January 30. As you might see from my signature, this replacement is not my first rodeo. I had hip replacements in 2014, shoulders fixed and replaced too many times from 2016-2023. My knees were really great considering my hips...
  7. Me2

    TKR Having TKR January 30

    I'll be a knee replacement buddy! I am scheduled for January 30 also. Nine days!
  8. Me2

    2025 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?

    Tentatively, January 30, 2025, just starting to be able to think about it.
  9. Me2

    Gel Injections? Tell me what you can.

    Hey everyone! I never did update. So, three gel injections, each one progressively more painful. Waited the 4-6 weeks for improvement. And.... minimal if anything. I'm still thinking a tad worse. And..... because I was being stupid and walking funny and limping around and favoring the left...
  10. Me2

    Gel Injections? Tell me what you can.

    Correct. Pain got worse with second and, now, even worse with third. Hoping, with great pain, comes improvement. lol. Yes, he did specify ice the usual 20 minutes on, 20 minutes off and acetaminophin.
  11. Me2

    Gel Injections? Tell me what you can.

    Updating once again..... My knee pain has really increased after the second injection. The area seems so tender and painful under the whole "knee cap" area. I reviewed with the doctor before the third injection but decided to just go with it since I was two injections in already. That was...
  12. Me2

    Gel Injections? Tell me what you can.

    @RandomLee thank you and best wishes to you. So, I had the first of the injections on Friday, July 5. I wouldn't say my knee has hurt less, just differently. Where formerly I had a pain that I was very much used to and frequently could ignore now I have kind of a "tender" feeling in the...
  13. Me2

    Gel Injections? Tell me what you can.

    Thank you all! I am scheduled for July 5 and the next two Fridays so ...... tho I'm a little hesitant and I guess I'll just hope it works for me. Any words of wisdom for if I need a rest day after or whatever will be appreciated. I was hoping to go away for the weekend but we shall see
  14. Me2

    Gel Injections? Tell me what you can.

    I did have steroid injections last Fall tho I'm not a big fan of them. I had had couple of steroid flares when I tried them for my back pain and those were quite scary. Also not a fan because of the supposed affect on joints and natural healing that just might be going on. The sharper pains...
  15. Me2

    Gel Injections? Tell me what you can.

    Greetings! I'm glad to see the BoneSmart site still is going strong. I've been around thru my hip and shoulder replacements. Now I'm looking for information on knees. I was told my knees had plenty of joint space up til last July when I tore the meniscus in the back of my left knee. First...
Back
Top Bottom