Recent content by mcgowan314

  1. M

    THR Tendonitis issues post THR

    Hello. I am 42 years old, good shape before surgery. I had THR July 15, 2016. My first few months of recovery seemed to go as planned. The pain I felt was "ordinary" recovery pain. However, over the last several months, my pain is far worse than what I had before the replacement. My pain...
  2. M

    THR Tendonitis issues post THR

    hi all. I am eight weeks out from RTHR. So far I suppose recovery has been as expected. I did my check up last week and X-ray confirmed good placement and good size of prosthetic. FYI. I had an anterior, cementless procedure. Over the past three days I have developed what I think some very...
  3. M

    THR Tendonitis issues post THR

    I just returned from follow up and staple removal. Dr said the burning pain is 100% nerve pain. It can typically last up to or beyond a year. It is from the femoral nerve having unavoidable trauma and/or irritation during an anterior approach. For those with similar, he said the best thing for...
  4. M

    THR Tendonitis issues post THR

    Has anyone else experienced thigh pain immediately following THR? I have read that cementless procedure often creates a greater pain than most. Has anyone else felt similar, and how long did you feel it?
  5. M

    THR Tendonitis issues post THR

    Hey all. I have a rather quick question. Is it safe to assume the thigh pain is normal following THR? It is only been two weeks, and mine was cementless. The pain is a burning type pain, and worsens if I walk for a longer period of time. How common is this?
  6. M

    THR Tendonitis issues post THR

    Lizzicat. My surgery date was July 15. I had an anterior approach. It was mostly routine, although this was my third surgery in this hip so the surgeon had to navigate through a lot of scar tissue; the two previous surgeries were repairs. I went to one crutch a couple of days ago, and then...
  7. M

    THR Tendonitis issues post THR

    Happy to report I transitioned to a cane today. Tomorrow marks my two week mark from surgery. Still have some achyness with the muscles and tendons, but all to be expected. No swelling though, haven't for a while. I have been averaging .5 miles a day, although I suspect I may need to scale...
  8. M

    THR Tendonitis issues post THR

    ** I of course meant one crutch in my last post....don't you just love autocorrect.
  9. M

    THR Tendonitis issues post THR

    This site is great. So far very good responses. I agree that coming off pain meds may have been too early. Just for full disclosure, I am a paramedic in a crime/drug infested inner city. That experience has me fearful of pain meds. Also, I think my recovery may be a little different. This is...
  10. M

    THR Tendonitis issues post THR

    Thanks for the info. I added my surgery date. It was July 15 2016
  11. M

    THR Tendonitis issues post THR

    hi everyone. I am 41 and just underwent my first hip replacement nearly two weeks ago. It was an anterior approach. Upon discharge I was not given any restrictions and the surgeon said walking on it will be the best PT. I have been using two crutches for the most part, but have already...
Back
Top Bottom