Hi Tbatt9. Sorry for the delay in reply.
Happy to hear Matthew is doing well enough to be back at school as heart breaking as it is. I can relate completely. Maya finally started school in late August after 15 months of being at home. The panic that hit me as I drove away from the school was...
Hi, very happy to hear all is going well. Maya's surgery for THR was done at just age 13. She is now 14 and back to school. Doing quite well. I'm sure he will be up and running around in no time. I wish you all the best during recovery. Thoughts and prayers...
Thank you Josephine. We plan to discuss with Dr Allison during her next visit. Anything to be overly concerned about or can do as a precaution in the meantime?
Hi all, Congrats Jasmine's Mom! So great to see her enjoying all the things typical teenagers do.
Maya just got back from spending a week in Hawaii with her mom. She had a great time lounging and snorkeling. She is now about 4.5 months post THR and doing well. She still has a bit of a limp. At...
Never stopped thinking about you Josephine and all the information and support from you. We are forever grateful. I'm attaching a short clip of Maya doing some PT (hopefully it works) and her recent X-ray. The lines you see in her femur are cables not screws. Her surgeon used these to prevent...
Hi again everyone. Been a while since I posted an update so thought I might do so.
Maya has recently passed the three month point since her total hip replacement. We had x-rays a couple of weeks ago and everything looks good. She has started physical therapy and is slowly regaining her strength...
Hi Josephine, the brace is simply a precaution. You may recall reading that Maya is Autistic. She doesn't quite comprehend that there are certain restrictions with her movements, bending etc. She tends to want to bring her knees up to her chest when sitting, lying on her side etc. We hope that...
Thank you Keepmovin'. We were hoping she might have her brace off and be walking by her birthday (3-28) but not looking likely. Best we can tell, she will need to have her brace on for another 6 weeks. Are dislocations very likely with things like getting in and out of bed, car, bathroom etc?
Hi everyone,
We had a visit with Maya's surgeon last Friday. Aside from the 1.5hr wait time and 4-hour round trip to/from the hospital, all went well. No x-rays were taken at this time but did have the dressing removed and incision checked. Everything looks good so far. Maya also received a new...
Thanks very much Toddlermom. I did send the photo to Maya's surgeon and he said this is very typical. We have a follow up appointment with him this Friday, so we'll know more then. Keep you all posted. Thanks
Hi everyone, Maya seems to have some blood spots under her bandage. Is this normal or should I be alarmed? I'm really having to stay on top of her as she keeps wanting to scratch the incision area.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.