Recent content by Maulia

  1. M

    TKR Maulia's TKR Recovery

    11+ weeks and had a momentary (lasted at least 5 minutes!) breakthrough. I got up from my recliner and walked to my kitchen. After a few steps, I went “Whoa”. Except for a little tightness around knee, I DIDN’T feel any pain.not saying I don’t have some pain now, but it was like there really...
  2. M

    MUA Sleeping on my side, 5 weeks post TKR

    Sending you positive vibes and calming energy for friday
  3. M

    TKR Maulia's TKR Recovery

    Thanks beralc. After reading many posts I thought more about my short term and long term goals. When I went to PT today I asked my therapist about his goals he had for me. I also mentioned I was going to extend my expectations for stairs for many more months (like 5 or 6 out). I realized I...
  4. M

    MUA Sleeping on my side, 5 weeks post TKR

    Went tp PT today and talked to therapist. Said I thought I was pressing to hard on some of the exercises. Stopped doing stair stuff will revisit in 2 weeks. Did not do leg press at all. Changing some focus and I feel more empowered. I was able to walk a little over .27 miles in 10 minutes. Felt...
  5. M

    MUA Sleeping on my side, 5 weeks post TKR

    Hello All, sorry I didn’t look at other posts earlier. I had a RTKR on 12/12/2024. I had some complications right off the bat and instead on going home 1 day after surgery it was 12 spent in hospital. Didn’t start PT work until 1st week in Jan. My OS wanted aggressive PT for me and after...
  6. M

    TKR Maulia's TKR Recovery

    Thanks so much for the response ouchie!.
  7. M

    TKR Maulia's TKR Recovery

    Week 9 - and I skipped Thursday’s PT and I am skipping this Monday’s as well. Just to clarify - the tightness and pain is in the tendon’s. I am fortunate that I have had very mild swelling and really only on the top of kneecap area. It only hurts when I touch to two tendons on either side...
  8. M

    TKR Maulia's TKR Recovery

    It will be 9 weeks tomorrow since my surgery. Will look to go back beginning of April for PT.
  9. M

    TKR Maulia's TKR Recovery

    Thanks for the info. I think I will put a pause on rehab until mid March. Work with basic stuff and do just my aqua classes. Will let you know how it goes
  10. M

    TKR Maulia's TKR Recovery

    61 Days post-op 8+ weeks! Going into 3rd month and focusing on balance and strength building with my PT. I have had such a hard time just believing how weak my hamstrings/quads are. I know it takes time but I never knew before hand just how weak I would be. Patience is the word here - I know...
  11. M

    TKR TKR with Fibro and Raynauds and RA, anyone else?

    You are so right regarding how much 24hrs can make. I had my surgery 0n 12/12/24 and have been journaling everyday since. I have been amazed how much the body changes so quickly. Good days and bad days but I think more good to come. I still have difficulty at night sleeping. I only an able to...
  12. M

    TKR Week 10 post RTKR

    Hello, just hit my one month post op. Regarding visiting dentist, I was told that for the next two years before going to dentist I needed to take antibiotics. I contacted my dentist and they will prescribe prior to each visit. Taking the antibiotics is a precaution against infection as we are...
  13. M

    TKR Maulia's TKR Recovery

    32 days post op. When I woke up after surgery I was numb from above my R knee to my toes. 24 hrs later could feel 90 % of my toes but the rest was still numb. It prolonged my hospital stay. Surgery on the 12/12/24. Was sent to acute rehab and able to come home on the 24th. Have regained most of...
Back
Top Bottom