Recent content by Matsan

  1. M

    Bilateral THR New Hips, Jan 17th/2012

    Well I am 3 months post-op, hard to believe how the body can recover and feel almost back to normal in such a short time! I am wondering about some continued left groin pain and occassional buttock pain on the same side. This seems to happen when I have been sitting for a longer period of...
  2. M

    THR Ally on the Flip Side

    Hi Alleycat! Congratulations on your new hip!! I too hit the wall emotionally at around 3 weeks, and just could not "get it" as everything for the most part was going well! For me I gave up trying to figure it out and just tryed to roll with it! Best of luck to you! Wishing you smooth...
  3. M

    Upset and need advice about resurfacing...can someone talk to me?

    Hello Apappala! I just turned 49 and am 2 months post-op with a bilateral THR. I was very fortunate to be referred to a OS who acknowledged my joint deterioration and was ready to book me in a year before I was ready to proceed. He did because of my age,talk with me about re-surfacing, and...
  4. M

    Re-surfacing a hip? or two?

    Hi Hipalongcassidy, glad to hear you have settled thoughts in your mind! Try to move forward without doubts, none of us will ever know the outcome of all the "what ifs". Best of luck to you!
  5. M

    Bilateral THR New Hips, Jan 17th/2012

    My OS was surprised when I mentioned my right leg was I believe 1/2 inch shorter. He too said to be cautious with rushing into using any lifts, also the physio at the hip and knee clinic stated to me many OS's don't like the use of lifts for LLD. I had never heard this before. As I work in...
  6. M

    Bilateral THR New Hips, Jan 17th/2012

    :angel: 6 weeks....can't believe how quickly its gone! Small blip with coming down with Shingles but got started on antivirals quickly so the duration and serverity was greatly lessened! VERY thankful for this! I saw my OS for a 6 week follow-up, no concerns. Got the go ahead to drive and...
  7. M

    THR First hip replacement done.

    :dancy:Sounds like you are off to a fantastic start sandybeach! Congratulations! Happy healing!
  8. M

    What to expect during/after a bilateral hip replacement

    Hello! I am coming up to 6 weeks post-op from my bilateral hip replacement. The first 2-3 weeks for me in some ways was harder than I thought they would be, in a lot of other ways easier. After 3-4 weeks I have felt better than I have for 10 years. So glad that I was able to do both hips at...
  9. M

    Bilateral THR New Hips, Jan 17th/2012

    Well interesting day, I Saw an occupational therapist who confirmed that I have a 1/2 inch leg length discrepency. Not thrilled with this, but taking it "in stride", my quality of life is already so much better without the hip pain I can manage this. Then saw my local Dr. for a burning pain at...
  10. M

    Bilateral THR New Hips, Jan 17th/2012

    :thankyou: Thanks bottomshollow, your posts always have a kindness and sensibility to them. Sincerely greatful for the support! :loll: Gail
  11. M

    Bilateral THR New Hips, Jan 17th/2012

    :flwrysmile: 32 days post-op today. The first 3 1/2 weeks post-op were marked with improvement everyday, come the forth week I have noticed a slow down in accomplishments. Getting aches and pains when I try to up my exercises so I am going slow with them. Got to the pool today, now this felt...
  12. M

    Bilateral THR Replacement accomplished!

    Wow Gershom, I thought I was doing good! I am 4 weeks tomorrow. No formal physio yet, going to start that tomorrow just to get some new ideas for exercises and get out! hopfully be able to use an exercise bike. My OS said I only needed physio if there were concerns....sadly I do have to have...
  13. M

    Struggling with iron tabs

    Hi Firebrand, Iron can be problematic for some people. Taking the iron with a light snack and yup Vit C (Increases the absorption of the iron) may help, also a full glass of water. Also did you start at 3 a day? If so that may be the problem, taking it down to 2 a day might make it easier and...
  14. M

    THR On road to recovery

    Hi Mbone! I had my surgery just a few days before you. :mcoffee: What I have found helps with my sleep is settling into bed not too early nor too late, lots of pillows around me, my trusty icepacks and I take tylenol & Melatonin. The other big thing I think that has helped me is if I am not...
  15. M

    Bilateral THR New Hips, Jan 17th/2012

    :thankyou: Puddle fish you ROCK! And I bet the instuctor and all those boys "eat your bubbles"! Gail
Back
Top Bottom