Recent content by maseko

  1. maseko

    2016 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

    For me, the spinal was not painful at all. The A had me sit up and lean forward a bit. He then used his finger or thumb to locate between the vertebrates where he would put the needle. Then he said, "this will stick a little, then you will feel your bum getting warm and tingly and it will...
  2. maseko

    LTKR in 9 Days

    Pumpkin, this link takes me to the hip replacement forum. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  3. maseko

    TKR Knee +1

    It is now Knee +3 and I can tell that I am getting a little better each day. Last night I slept most of the night, only waking to go to the toilet twice. I am also cat-napping during the day. I am doing my PT exercises 4 times per day and walking about 180 steps twice a day (total of 360...
  4. maseko

    TKR Knee +1

    Oh my goodness - I am HOME! Doctors released me when I exhibited that I could navigate with a walker and/or crutches, use the toilet, get in and out of bed by myself and had the desire. I have already had two sessions with the PT. Before I left the hospital my PT taught me how to go up and...
  5. maseko

    TKR Knee +1

    I am now Knee +1. I was first on the operating list for the day. Especially happy for that since they quickly began to get further and further behind. The surgery went very well, and 4 hours after returning to the ward I got up and walked to the toilet (about 75 feet total) and back using a...
  6. maseko

    LTKR in 9 Days

    Pumpkin, are my previous posts moved to post-op. Or, do I need to start all over, and if so, how? Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  7. maseko

    LTKR in 9 Days

    Thanks for the inquiry! I am now Knee +1. I was first on the operating list for the day. Especially happy for that since they quickly began to get further and further behind. The surgery went very well, and 4 hours after returning to the ward I got up and walked to the toilet (about 75 feet...
  8. maseko

    LTKR in 9 Days

    Thanks for the six-week thought. You have really got me to thinking on this. When the OS told me that it would be 2 - 6 months I begin to organize my calendar and it seemed that a January, 2017 RTKR would be in order. I wasn't really happy with that because of the strain it put on my...
  9. maseko

    LTKR in 9 Days

    Met my physiotherapist for the first time yesterday. She asked me what I knew about PT and her job already. I told her that from all I could find out - I would hate her, say bad things about her along with some other unmentionables. She just looked at me like I was crazy! Hope she is right...
  10. maseko

    LTKR in 9 Days

    Greetings Josephine, Interesting experience of recovery! Sorry you had to go home alone with not much support, that must have been very difficult. Thanks for the welcome. My wife and I live and work in Liberia, West Africa, but we are actually from the States. Having my TKR done in South...
  11. maseko

    LTKR in 9 Days

    Pumpkin, Thank you for the very informative articles, I read them all.
  12. maseko

    LTKR in 9 Days

    I am sitting in temporary housing and counting the days. The OS has given the green light, the PC physician has given the green light, so everything is a go for Monday, August 1. I am a bit conflicted though. I had hoped to have bilateral TKR but the OS strongly discouraged it citing the...
  13. maseko

    2016 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

    I actually live in Liberia, West Africa, but will be going to Pretoria for the surgery. I love South Africa, it is beautiful! Just wish I would feel better on this trip!
  14. maseko

    2016 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

    Scheduled for left TKR, and possibly bilateral, on August 1 in Pretoria, South Africa.
Back
Top Bottom