Recent content by Marty

  1. M

    TKR Hair growth on knee

    Hi, I had the same problem. I had LTKR March 2009. Shortly after, I noticed the hair on my lower left leg , mostly up the shin, grew back so fast that I was shaving everyother day. It grew back much heavier than I ever remember. It was really back because I wore shorts to PT . I kept...
  2. M

    14 days post-op

    Hi Mayberry, I had my surgery March 10, I take Percocet, after 2 weeks the Dr. cut it down to 1 tablet every 4 to 6 hours. I usually take it right before I go on the machine (I'm supposed to use it 3 times a day for 2 hours, but don't always get that in) and to help with the swelling, I take...
  3. M

    Do I or don't I?

    Re: Aren't Doctors helpful Hi PieMan, I am new here, but I know one thing...your GP was really out of line. I have an older sister who had tKR over 14 years ago, and at the time they told her most KR's lasted about 10 years...her's is still going strong, and you can imagine how they have...
  4. M

    3 weeks after surgery for RTKR

    Hi, thanks to all of you who have replied to my note and for your good wishes. Crystal, I don't know if the femoral block is the same as the pain ball...maybe it is. did you have a little bag next to you with a "ball" in it containing the medication? I had the pain ball for about 2 to 2...
  5. M

    3 weeks after surgery for RTKR

    Hi, this is Marty...this is my first post, but I have been reading several weeks before my surgery, which was on March 10, 2009. I want to thank all of you for giving me some insight before my surgery, and I want to share my progress so far, with hopes of helping those who are waiting or...
Back
Top Bottom