Recent content by marmrf

  1. M

    TKR Recovering and rehabbing

    Thanks for your response. I toss and turn all night long. When I am first trying to go to sleep, I have the unrelenting urge to change positions. That means trying to find a position for my knee that will not increase the discomfort. I guess that I am too impatient...
  2. M

    TKR Recovering and rehabbing

    Happy New Year. I am four weeks post RTKR. I am very grateful for Bonesmart forum. The information and insights I gained from this site were invaluable. I am doing well and returning to work on Monday. I am a college professor so I have some control over my work schedule. I am looking forward...
  3. M

    TKR Recovering and rehabbing

    Hello Carolyn: Thanks for your reply. I am glad that your husband is doing well. Happy holidays! Mary
  4. M

    TKR Recovering and rehabbing

    Thanks, Kelly! That helps. Mary
  5. M

    TKR Recovering and rehabbing

    Thanks, Kelly. I don't know why I am struggling with this issue so much. I have had two rotator cuff repairs. three meniscus repairs and had my gall bladder removed. I never needed pain med much beyond the first couple of post-op days. I also did not experience the intensity and depth of pain...
  6. M

    TKR Recovering and rehabbing

    Thanks for your reply and encouragement, Elaine. Good luck with the RTKR. Will you be blogging and where can I find you? I will be watching for you! My prayers are with and for you. Mary
  7. M

    TKR Recovering and rehabbing

    Hello all: Thanks again for the helpful comments. I am 11 days post op and have been walking without walker or cane since right after I came home from hospital. I have been able to complete the exercises, have had 4 outpatient PT sessions....overall, doing well (except for not sleeping very...
  8. M

    TKR Recovering and rehabbing

    Another cry for help-- when the stitches are removed how do you prevent pressure from the TED hose? Also, do you apply any oil or crème to the surgical site after the stitches are removed to reduce the irritation? Thanks,\ Maru
  9. M

    TKR Recovering and rehabbing

    1. what are your pain levels right now? (remember the 1-10 scale: 1 = no pain and 10 = the worst you can imagine. And don't forget that 'pain' also includes soreness, burning, stabbing, throbbing, aching, swelling and stiffness) 2. Yesterday (Thursday) it would be at an 8 or 9 and I would...
  10. M

    TKR Recovering and rehabbing

    Hello Ellen: Thanks for responding to my posting. I appreciate your support and concerns. :thankyou: Mary
  11. M

    TKR Recovering and rehabbing

    Help:sos: I need your help, Bonesmarties..... I am one week post-op and have been able to manage my pain with rest, ice, compression, elevation and generic Percocet. Here is my problem, I am finding that the pain med is not as effective for the four hour period as it was even three days ago...
  12. M

    TKR Recovering and rehabbing

    Thanks, Skigirl. Thanks for the reminders. I had a PT treatment this a.m., but went prepared. I took two of the pain meds before treatment, which worked well for me and allowed me to go through the exercises with a little discomfort. I find myself struggling with the same issues that others have...
  13. M

    TKR Recovering and rehabbing

    Hello all and thanks, Netballknees. I needed the humor:thankyou: As expected, I had a rough patch of pain last night. I tried sleeping in bed with a pillow between my knees.....Bad idea:groan: I woke up in a lot of pain and with time remaining before I could take more meds. I gave myself the...
  14. M

    TKR Recovering and rehabbing

    Hello all: I had my first outpatient post-op PT this morning. I am "feeling it" this afternoon!!!! I was able to do a lot in PT (including 98 degrees flexion) but am feeling it now. I am feeling tired and too tight but am resting and icing. Also feel very loopy. Won't be making any big...
  15. M

    TKR Recovering and rehabbing

    Once again, thanks all for the support and encouraging words. They really help/.
Back
Top Bottom