Recent content by Margot

  1. M

    TKR Hello Everyone - First time knee replacement patient here : )

    Hi everyone...hope you're enjoying the weekend thus far. I am finding that the back of my calves are really tight and sore. Did any of you experience this while you were recovering from knee replacements?
  2. M

    TKR Hello Everyone - First time knee replacement patient here : )

    Hi everyone - just wanted to share a bit of a victory today...I drove for the first time in 5 weeks! Woot woot! It wasn't hard getting in or out of the car and I was able to go on a little pleasure drive out in the country for about 25 minutes before my knee was telling me to head home. It...
  3. M

    TKR Hello Everyone - First time knee replacement patient here : )

    My physio session today went very well. My PT surprised me by suggesting (before I could bring up the topic) that we no longer take measurements. I am pleased and impressed by her responsiveness and thoughtful consideration of patients. We did not measure but she did say that she could see I...
  4. M

    TKR Hello Everyone - First time knee replacement patient here : )

    Thank you for your replies, everyone. I'm leaving for physio in about 45 minutes (I cancelled last Friday and will decide today if I wish to continue going). I will request that we not measure today. I will move forward with FUNCTION being my evidence, as I can tell my function is improving...
  5. M

    TKR Hello Everyone - First time knee replacement patient here : )

    Thank you for the words of support and good advice yesterday. The messages lifted my spirits on a day that felt really tough. I do feel a bit lighter today : ) I'm hoping maybe the folks here can help me understand something about heel beds while lying on one's back. This is the bend that I...
  6. M

    TKR Hello Everyone - First time knee replacement patient here : )

    Hi everyone, Having a tough day today. I can feel myself sliding into a bit of depression. I feel so low. It's a strange thing, as I can see how much progress I've made since the surgery 4 weeks and 3 days ago, but I still cannot imagine a time in the future where I will feel back to my true...
  7. M

    TKR Hello Everyone - First time knee replacement patient here : )

    Your words are a healing balm : ) I literally felt my whole body relax. I will be reading this several times today to remind myself. Thank you!!
  8. M

    TKR Hello Everyone - First time knee replacement patient here : )

    Hi everyone. Hope you're all having a nice weekend : ) I have some questions about degrees of discomfort vs pain when it comes to exercises. For the past several days I have been icing, elevating and resting and decided to cancel the PT session that was supposed to happen yesterday. I do have...
  9. M

    TKR Hello Everyone - First time knee replacement patient here : )

    Thank you so much for your perspectives and important reminders. I am going to pull back and place my focus on the icing, elevation and daily life activities. Thank you again. I appreciate all of you more than you know.
  10. M

    TKR Hello Everyone - First time knee replacement patient here : )

    Thank you for the input on my incision. I appreciate it. My physiotherapist mentioned the Polysporin, but I have just purchased some spray hypochlorous acid that I will use instead. I just finished a physio session. I have been working very hard at home to increase my knee bend and was feeling...
  11. M

    TKR Hello Everyone - First time knee replacement patient here : )

    Hi there...I'm currently 26 days post op...in your opinion, does my incision look pretty typical for this amount of days post-surgery? The fluidish stuff is Polysporin that I put on a couple of hours ago.
  12. M

    TKR Hello Everyone - First time knee replacement patient here : )

    Hello everyone : ) My physio yesterday went well...no massage of any kind...she just did some light stroking on either side of the incision (but not on the incision) all the way down my calf to the top of my foot. She used the laser on my ankle and top of the foot as she felt it might help...
  13. M

    TKR Hello Everyone - First time knee replacement patient here : )

    I am grateful for the insight shared - it is so helpful! Thank you : )
  14. M

    TKR Hello Everyone - First time knee replacement patient here : )

    Thank you for your advice re: not applying heat to the back of my knee. I will heed your advice : )
Back
Top Bottom