Hi-
Having a couple of tough days. The Lyrica side effect of dry mouth and difficulty swallowing in became intolerable, so I stopped taking it two days ago. While the dry mouth got somewhat better, I have a terrible sore throat and the nerve pain in back and just as bad as it was before the...
@Tweefishy. Hello! I'm so sorry I didn't read this post last week. Thanks for taking the time to write.
Oddly, my right hand (index finger and wrist) are still killing me! But only when I type, which makes me think something else is up. My PT knows about this, so my hope is he'll help me manage...
@Jaycey and @nochoice-
I know you are both right about taking it easy. I fell into the trap of feeling better and then rushing to move around and prove (to myself, to my family) how well I'm progressing. And though I should know better, it really is a trap of sorts. I do feel up to the activity...
Hi @Jaycey.
My activity was sort of a mix. I was driven everywhere, so that was helpful. I walked on sand every day at the beach with my crutch, probably the equivalent of one city block each day. My OS knew I would be doing this. I felt up for it at the time. While at the beach, I did very...
Hi-
I was away with my family last week, so there wan't much time to post.
I don't know what's going on, but my hip is in as much pain today and for the last 3 days as it was the day I came home from the hospital. I was down to one oxy every 6 hours and am now back to needing 2 oxy at night to...
Reading several recovery threads over the last few days, and it's uncanny how no two recoveries are at all the same. And comparisons are deadly. 2.5 week post-op, I'm still needing the oxy/tylenol/lyrica/celebrex cocktail daily. And I ice several hours a day. I do light Pt and tons of...
@Josephine--yup, she really does know what she's talking about...
I'm graduating to a cane this weekend, so I'm hoping to say goodbye to the crutches. I'm also going to my family beach house for the week where it's just much easier to get around than it is here in NYC. Of course, my whole...
So here's an update @Jaycey and @Josephine--
My GP says it's Neurapraxia--a mild peripheral nerve injury--and he does think it it's from the crutches. And guess what? He says he would put me on Lyrica for it. So I'll go back to taking 50mg/day and see how that goes. Interestingly, he says...
@Jaycey--I hope that's the case and not some side effect of acupuncture. I haven't used my right crutch in days, so it's somewhat of a delayed reaction, and my left feels just fine.
I was in a real panic yesterday. Got some good sleep so my spirits are better, but my right arm is weak/numb as...
Hi @Jaycey-
I'm using one crutch or a cane on my left side at this point, so I don' think it can be from the crutches--unless it's only acting up now after using crutches bilaterally for a week.
It's bizarre. It's not just a little weakness. I can barely lift my right arm and forget about the...
typing with my left hand b/c the numbness (feels cold actually) and weakness in my right arm/wrist/fingers.
I'm basically dead armed in the right arm. numbness throughout the arm, shaking fingers, pain in wrist.
I'm not going to take any more lyrica. But I'm also concerned that this pain and...
Ok. I know I'm vulnerable right now and it feels like I have a new issue every day, but I have a serious new concern. My fingers on my right hand feel still and my right arm and wrist are very weak. I posted that I thought this might be from the crutches, but my finger pain--thumb and...
Another rough day. Terrible pain in my other thigh, stabbing pain and pins and needles. The anterior groin pain is acting up too. And my outer thigh is so sore. The veins in my right foot and thigh are dark blue (and are hardly seen on my left side), and considering how anxious I've been lately...
Hello!
I'm in a panic this morning.
The outer thigh pain is as bad as ever, and the anterior groin pain still aches. BUT NOW I'm also having pain and numbness in my right inner ankle. It feels like someone is pulling a rubberband in my ankle, at the bone that protrudes (is it the tibia?)...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.