Recent content by margaret b

  1. M

    TKR Pain after walking

    My left knee replacement was on September 18. Thank you for the responses. I don’t walk very far but from the replies I think I will cut it back even more. I’m pretty active around the house (bungalow) as I live alone and take care of myself. I’m hoping to get back to swimming in about a week as...
  2. M

    TKR Pain after walking

    I had a right TKR in March 2019 followed by left TKR in September 2019. I have good ROM in the right knee but I still experience pain in it. ROM in the left knee is slower in improving, about 90 degrees at 5 weeks. However I’m not concerned as from reading the forums on this site I know it can...
  3. M

    TKR Early days ....but

    Nearly 6 months on and I’m having the other knee done on September 18. The recovery on my first knee went well and I have full range of motion and I’m aware that full recovery can take a year or more, however for the last month or so I’m having more pain in the operated knee and leg. The knee is...
  4. M

    TKR Early days ....but

    Hi all, the responses have been really encouraging and I haven’t been overdoing the exercises. As the recommendations say, if it hurts don’t do it. My PT has been and my bend is at 70 degs. So I’m really pleased. On Thursday I have my 54 staples out. Joy.
  5. M

    TKR Early days ....but

    I’m really encouraged by the responses. So happy I joined the forum and posted this thread. So many people had said, and many of them who haven’t been through the experience themselves, you have to do the exercises for the best results. It’s warmer here today and since I find walking not too...
  6. M

    TKR Early days ....but

    Thank you for your encouraging response. My PT actually hasn’t established guidelines and is very gentle and encouraging, it’s just what I had previously researched on TKR recovery and had been told (by a friend) that after 6 weeks you cannot expect any further improvement. I also believed that...
  7. M

    TKR Early days ....but

    Sorry that should have read 50 degrees.
  8. M

    TKR Early days ....but

    I had a right TKR on March 25, 2019. Previously I’ve had THR replacements both hips and also a big toe joint replacement. I went into this with my eyes open and was well warned that this would be a lot harder than hip recovery. So far I’m doing OK with every day living as I live alone. I use a...
  9. M

    Welcome to the March Musketeers' 2019 Knee Recovery Club

    I would like to be a member please. I had TKR on March 25, 2019
Back
Top Bottom