Recent content by mald

  1. mald

    Hip Resurfacing 4 month post hip resurfacing

    After what seemed like an eternity I have made excellent progress in the last month. From hobbling about with a crutch just 6 weeks ago, I am now cycling for 45 mins (12 miles) each day in the gym. Pain free although I do ache at night when I relax. I saw my surgeon last week for X-rays. He...
  2. mald

    Hip Resurfacing 4 month post hip resurfacing

    It's now 8 weeks since my op. I'm still suffering pain deep in the groin region. At night the pain radiates all the way down my leg to my ankle. Surgeon suggest at my 6 week check up to give it another 6 weeks and if no improvement he will look at giving me some form of injection into the groin...
  3. mald

    Hip Resurfacing 4 month post hip resurfacing

    @Zelda @Jaycey only time will tell but as it stands I'm not overly excited with how things are going. But still early days I guess. Can't see me being active for a very long time at this rate. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  4. mald

    Hip Resurfacing 4 month post hip resurfacing

    @Zelda yes in a word. My surgeon recommended as could only 'guarantee' 15 years before revision. He said there will be more bone left to undertake a THR at that time. I'm also active (well I was) and I wanted to get back to sone activity post op. BHR is supposed to allow this more than THR (I'm...
  5. mald

    Hip Resurfacing 4 month post hip resurfacing

    @confused newb yes I'll keep you posted. I'm nearing 7 weeks now post op. Still have groin, thigh and bottom of leg pain / spasms. I spent the first 5.5 weeks 'sleeping' in a recliner chair as I could not get comfortable in bed. Even now I struggle and end up in the chair early morning most...
  6. mald

    Hip Resurfacing 4 month post hip resurfacing

    @Zelda no don't rush to go back. I think I went back too early, even if only for a few hours a day. I feel exhausted every day and ache like hell. Good job for pain killers. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  7. mald

    Hip Resurfacing 4 month post hip resurfacing

    @Zelda like you my right hip also needs doing but i could not contemplate doing it until the left feels more human. Considering your age did you have a Birmingham Hip (metal on metal) like me or a traditional hip replacement? Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  8. mald

    Hip Resurfacing 4 month post hip resurfacing

    @Zelda how long has it been since your operation. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  9. mald

    Hip Resurfacing 4 month post hip resurfacing

    @Zelda you could be right. I have stated going into work for 4 or 5 hours a day which is more demanding than I thought. Perhaps I'm doing too much even now. It's just 6 weeks seems like a long time and I feel I should be better. I can only sleep for an hour at a time due to pain. I sleep in a...
  10. mald

    Hip Resurfacing 4 month post hip resurfacing

    @Jaycey by exercise regime I mean I am following the physio instructions and walking (with 2 crutches) - certainly not anything too strenuous. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  11. mald

    Hip Resurfacing 4 month post hip resurfacing

    I had my left hip resurfaced on 9 Feb, just over 6 weeks ago. My recovery is slow despite following exercise regime. I am still on crutches, my left leg is longer than my right, I have pain in my left groin, my leg is so weak, and when I side step (one of the exercises) my hip 'clunks'. I still...
  12. mald

    Hip Resurfacing 4 month post hip resurfacing

    @Krista @keepmoving thanks for your response. Recliner chair - I borrowed one before my op, it's a life saver, the only place I can get some good sleep. BHR - I'm not allowed to lie on either side as yet, at 6 weeks I can lie on my operated side if pain / discomfort permits. I see my surgeon...
  13. mald

    Hip Resurfacing 4 month post hip resurfacing

    It's now 4 weeks since surgery. I'm unable to sleep in a bed for more than an hour due to discomfort in groin and bottom. I spend the nights on a chair, but I do get sleep in it. Just wondering if this sleep problem is normal (lying flat in a bed). Doctor prescribed diazepam yesterday to use at...
  14. mald

    Hip Resurfacing 4 month post hip resurfacing

    @keepmovin and best of luck with your upcoming revision. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  15. mald

    Hip Resurfacing 4 month post hip resurfacing

    @keepmovin many thanks for your comments. I'm led to believe that the BHR is only performed on certain males aged up to 60 in the UK now, but I stand to be corrected. I'm glad that you have had enjoyment from your BHR, I'm looking forward to the day when I can enjoy mine. Seems a long way off at...
Back
Top Bottom