Recent content by Mackiepafl

  1. M

    TKR Sleeping

    Anyone develop a Bakers cyst after TKR?
  2. M

    TKR Sleeping

    Now 90 das post op left TKR. Relatively new development. Very painful right inner middle knee cap area upon bending. Takes my breath away. Am I not working it hard enough and long enough to keep it flexible ? Has something catastrophic happened at that spot? Still walking fine, about 1.5 mi day.
  3. M

    TKR Sleeping

    Hi. 84 days post op. Back of leg below knee still lightly bruised and swollen. Will my new knee and leg ever match my other leg? Still ice and elevate several times a day. Also sharp pains every so often. All normal? Thanks.
  4. M

    TKR Sleeping

    So, at 8 weeks post op TKR all has been wonderful. Then yesterday I wake up and feels like I reverted back to week 3. Haven’t done anything different for weeks. Swelling, stiff, points of pain. What gives ?
  5. M

    TKR Sleeping

    7 was post op left TKR. Beautifully healed incision but incision has started to hurt. Not red or warm, just tender, pulls, hurts. Am massaging it. Also was doing well and went to pool to walk back and forth in water for about 20 minutes x 2 days, and all swelling and stiffness back. Thanks in...
  6. M

    TKR Sleeping

    Anyone gone for massages. I used to get a massage a month for my fibromyalgia, I’d like to go back for full massage if it won’t hurt knee. Thoughts?
  7. M

    TKR Sleeping

    Walking almost a mile a day. Am I walking too much and not concentrating on bending it because right now I cannot bend it at all.
  8. M

    TKR Sleeping

    Hi all. Week 5 post op TKR. Getting around great but I just wish the swelling would go down !!!!! Am I just too darn impatient?
  9. M

    TKR Sleeping

    My phone tells me I walk close to a mile a day in steps. I love to walk. I do bends and heels and ice and elevate. Not sweating it anymore. Thanks for assuring me it’ll take a bit to have my knee settle down. I love this forum; its a lifesaver.
  10. M

    TKR Sleeping

    I’m going to discontinue PT for now and see if this darn swelling can go away so I can do my own PT.
  11. M

    TKR Sleeping

    Almost 5 weeks post op TKR, yesterday rehab pushed me to 105 flexion, I screamed. Today of course I can hardly move from stiffness and swelling and pain. What the heck ? I want to quit but everyone around says you have to do this or you’ll never get normal. Argh !
  12. M

    TKR Sleeping

    I am 4 weeks post op and feeling as down as I can be. My knee won’t bend past 83 without bad pain. Stiff all the time. Five rehab sessions and they just say you’re gonna be in trouble if you don’t start bending through the pain. I work it gently all through the day as best I can and elevate and...
  13. M

    TKR Sleeping

    Thank you. Yes, I am vegetating in the recliner with pillow stacks at least 80% of the time and icing a lot. Just good to be assured that at some point, I’ll be able to bend that knee. It is definitely still swollen and stiff. Thanks so much.
  14. M

    TKR Sleeping

    Two weeks post left TKR. Worried cause still can’t bend knee enough to sit comfortably in chair. Doc changed bandage and said take new one off Wednesday. Will that help me to bend enough to sit with legs down? So stiff. Thoughts? Happy new year!
  15. M

    TKR Sleeping

    Post op 7 days TKR. Is it okay to sleep on my side?
Back
Top Bottom