Recent content by lunula

  1. lunula

    TKR LTKR - 2 years later

    Hi all - here I am again with another question! I went to the OS this past January and had my knee checked out and all was okay, but if you notice on the photo above and the updated photo below, I'm developing this weird blotchy "bleaching" discoloration on my knee. I didn't really notice it in...
  2. lunula

    TKR LTKR - 2 years later

    Again, thanks @Josephine! I'll phone my OS now to see if I can get an appointment next week to take a peek. Also going to incorporate yoga or deep stretching into my workouts to see if I can't alleviate this ITB issue. I was also diagnosed this year w/ plantar fasciitis in both feet (arg!) so I...
  3. lunula

    TKR 10 days post op

    Hi Elljay - hope you're feeling better! I thought I would have an "easier" recovery given my age and overall health/fitness at the time of my surgery in Dec 2014; however, I wasn't able to lift my own leg for a couple weeks, either. I don't remember exactly how long it was, but I would guess...
  4. lunula

    TKR LTKR - 2 years later

    Thank you @Josephine ! The chronic pain is mainly in LF4 C & D - I'm getting an aching pain which is constant, as well as some jolting pain while being active (walking is all I've been doing). The bruising is in LF3 D. I am also getting what seems to be nerve pain periodically, typically...
  5. lunula

    TKR LTKR - 2 years later

    Thanks @Celle - I appreciate it! I am in pretty good shape, not great, but good - I gained a few pounds this last year (about 20) so I am carrying more than usual. I did also spend Thanksgiving hiking in the mountains of Georgia for 3 days, doing 5-8 mile hikes each day (also carrying my own...
  6. lunula

    TKR LTKR - 2 years later

    FYI - my thread should be LTKR, sorry, it's late! :)
  7. lunula

    TKR LTKR - 2 years later

    Hope it is okay to start a new thread, my old recovery thread isn't overly relevant anymore. :) My TKR was 2 years ago and we happened to be in Bonaire shore diving the week of my kneeversary! Overall, my knee is okay - not great - but okay. It definitely wasn't a miracle for me, but it isn't...
  8. lunula

    Bilateral knee replacement scheduled for August 8

    @dianehelen - Oh yes, I'm doing much better now! I was not posting to discourage or even scare @Doggiemom, only to say that none of us have any clue how hard or easy our recovery will be, but we all make it through. :) I've even read here of people who had a difficult time with one, and a much...
  9. lunula

    Bilateral knee replacement scheduled for August 8

    Hi @Doggiemom. You'll obviously get lots of great advice here, but I can tell you from personal experience with a LTKR that I was terrified going into it. I was honestly not scared of the procedure itself (i.g., "something" happening during surgery) as I've had surgeries before. For whatever...
  10. lunula

    LTKR at 82

    Hi there @grannybelt - I am so sorry about your husband's passing. In regards to TKR - I was much younger when I had mine (43) - however - when I was going through the process, I met a woman at the gym (she was working out!) who had both knees replaced and both hips replaced, all done in her...
  11. lunula

    TKR Hiking the Inca Trail after TKR?

    OMG @Yorkshiregal54 - I'm SO happy to see your post! 5 months post op I wasn't able to do much my knee was still so inflamed and tight - I hope you don't mind if I PM you to chat?
  12. lunula

    TKR Hiking the Inca Trail after TKR?

    Thanks for the link, @Josephine! We're looking to go next May and I'm already training. The thought initially made me nervous...scared, even - but then I thought, "THIS is why I had this surgery in the first place - to do the things I've always wanted to do!" Not like it's gonna get any easier...
  13. lunula

    TKR Hiking the Inca Trail after TKR?

    Anyone out there done the "classic" 4 or 5 day Inca Trail trek to Machu Picchu after a TKR? My TKR was done a year & a half ago - I still have warmth in the knee and my OS tells me it much just "still be healing" - though I wonder if it's because of my nickel allergy. Regardless, I still...
  14. lunula

    Surgery tomorrow

    Good luck, Kelly!
  15. lunula

    Knee injections

    I had cortisone shots in both knees to start, and the first time, they were great. We went on a walking-intensive vacation and I was much better off. Relief lasted 2-3 months. The 2nd time I got them (before another vacation, maybe 9 months later) - I got zero relief. My insurance insisted on...
Back
Top Bottom