Recent content by Lulu77

  1. L

    THR 6 weeks post THR, live alone

    Thanks. By “energy” I just mean trying to live my life while in pain and still unable to walk any distance, and certainly not without a cane. I live alone. No one can carry things for me or go get the car if I’ve walked too far. I don’t want to go anywhere I don’t absolutely have to, because...
  2. L

    THR 6 weeks post THR, live alone

    I’m starting to wonder if all the energy I’m putting into recovering is not worth it. The pain and slow gains are discouraging and I really just want to think about something else.
  3. L

    THR 6 weeks post THR, live alone

    Week 12: So, I’m wondering if my leg is supposed to hurt all the time still? I have pain in the glute and the back of my operated leg pretty constantly. I know it’s getting stronger, objectively, but the pain has been the same for about six weeks. Anyone have any insight on this?
  4. L

    THR 6 weeks post THR, live alone

    Week 10: can walk without cane , still a bit of a limp, but not too bad. I’ve quit PT since I’m doing more now (work, chores, walking outside) and it’s costly and time consuming. I’ve reconciled myself with the idea it’ll take at least six months to be anywhere near normal. I don’t love it, but...
  5. L

    THR 6 weeks post THR, live alone

    Feeling more optimistic lately. My strength is definitely improving. I lifted my leg off the bed without using my hands!!! No more log leg :). I can go down stairs normally now too, although not up yet. I’m giving myself more grace too so I’m not as frustrated when I get tired. I honestly wasn’t...
  6. L

    THR 6 weeks post THR, live alone

    Well feeling really depressed again. Using all my energy for work and chores and otherwise just bored. I can’t read or watch tv anymore!! But all the things I want to do involve too much walking.
  7. L

    THR JenaS62's Recovery

    Hi! I’m so sorry you were so badly misinformed. I went back to work (mostly from home) after four weeks and it was tough. I’m still rationing my energy. You shouldn’t feel bad for needing help with household tasks. You need it, since your body basically just got hit by a bus. I also have been...
  8. L

    THR MeowWoofMomma's Recovery Thread

    I stayed in the hospital after surgery for 2 1/2 days because I fainted dead away and then almost* fainted several more times. I figured out it was the hydrocodone. My doc gave me Tramadol instead and since then I’ve been fine. Apparently about 10-20% of people feel faint after THR, for one...
  9. L

    THR 6 weeks post THR, live alone

    I’m going by the rule that I can do one outing a day (not all days though) and one small household task a day. I’ve been breaking up jobs into very small chunks. Generally this means not everything is a disaster at the same time! I’m still only showering every other day since it’s tiring. I’m...
  10. L

    THR 6 weeks post THR, live alone

    Its so nice to read everyone’s encouragement. I’m mentally feeling better and am forcing myself to take one day at a time, trying not to overdo it. Whatever gets done, gets done and that’ll have to be good enough for the foreseeable future.
  11. L

    THR 6 weeks post THR, live alone

    My surgery was Feb 17 2023
  12. L

    THR Amy13may's Recovery

    I’m sorry you were treated so badly. I think many healthcare professionals don’t realize that pain is a barrier to healing. If you hurt too much, you won’t improve. I had groin pain and found stretching really helps, a few times a day, gently. Just gradually loosening it up. I also noticed I was...
  13. L

    THR Hip Replacement 5th December

    Hi! If you think about it, your whole body is readjusting to the new hip, redistribution of weight, trauma from surgery etc. I would try alternating heat and cold on the knee and ibuprofen. Also maybe rest it as much as possible for a few days? I had horrible knee pain the first couple weeks but...
  14. L

    THR 6 weeks post THR, live alone

    I did, for a month, but the claim is now closed out. Realistically I can’t take more time off work. It’s a new job and they have been very accommodating but I don’t want to push my luck. I’m going to limit what I do each day outside of work though, so I’m not so exhausted I can’t function.
  15. L

    THR 6 weeks post THR, live alone

    Thank you everyone for the encouragement and understanding. I’m going to look into getting some more help. I do have cleaners that come every two weeks. I’m also just going to have to accept that I need to do less, and I’m going to be more tired. I don’t expect to be doing the Macarena anytime...
Back
Top Bottom