Recent content by Lucy1

  1. L

    THR Hip Labrum Tear

    Thank you. I had xrays that indicated it wasn't structural. PT said she thought functional. I have new orthotics, but haven't got a wedge. Was afraid to try as I thought maybe it would make things worse. Do you think hip replacement will correct this issue? My gait has been not right for a...
  2. L

    THR Hip Labrum Tear

    My left hip is considerably higher than my right hip. Is this part of the tear in the labrum? Would a wedge in my right shoe help until I can get the hip fixed? Anyone know what causes this misalignment?Any thoughts appreciated.
  3. L

    THR Hip Labrum Tear

    Probably with covid going on won't get to see my surgeon for at least another 3 months, then because surgeries have been put on hold it could be a year before surgery. Spoke to the receptionist in his office last week and she said she would try to move my file farther up the list. If I went to...
  4. L

    THR Hip Labrum Tear

    Thinking about having another cortisone shot as getting to see OS will probably take months with covid. It might take the edge off the pain.
  5. L

    THR Hip Labrum Tear

    I think surgery is my only hope as I as I have had an altered gait since my first knee replacement when I think this problem may have started. Pain with any weight bearing at all. Pain sometimes goes down the leg and even to the knee which was replaced. Does anyone else have knee pain with...
  6. L

    THR Hip Labrum Tear

    You're right! I have a cane. Had it for my knee, but I haven't been using it. I need to do that. Also, I may put off going back to the pool. I hate to admit it, but I know I am a high risk for falling. Now if I can just get in to see the OS. Thank you for the support. I really needed it...
  7. L

    THR Hip Labrum Tear

    Haven't been on BoneSmart for quite some time. I have had two knee replacements in the past 5 years and after the first one my gait just was never quite right and thought it was because of a functional leg length discrepancy. Had the second right knee replaced and that recovery was so easy...
  8. L

    TKR DLR recovery #2

    Good News!!!!!! I bet you're relieved. So happy for you. L
  9. L

    TKR Toes Purple today

    Thanks Jockette for that insight. Good to know as I feel more steady even inside with the cane. L
  10. L

    TKR Toes Purple today

    Mannbub thank you for your comments. I'm still using my cane as well at almost five weeks. But we'll get there.. Look how far we have come. Lucy
  11. L

    TKR Toes Purple today

    Thanks all! Yes, just kidding, I know I wrote that post on July 12th, but it's not how I am today ! (how quickly things can change with this journey). Yes, you are right, I have been trying to cut back on pain medication especially during the day. And also, have been doing too much...
  12. L

    TKR Toes Purple today

    Not sure who the person was that wrote the above on July 12th. Next Wed. will be five weeks and am getting really fed up!!!! Still not sleeping that well at night probably cause I doze during the day. My knee is still very swollen and stiff, painful. Still icing and elevating. In fact...
  13. L

    TKR DLR recovery #2

    Seeing my OS here in Ontario for x-rays and follow-up at six weeks. Hope you get an appt. soon to put your mind at ease. You were doing so well. L
  14. L

    TKR Toes Purple today

    Friday, July 12th and just had my staples out. That hurt worse than the surgery. It's just a little over two weeks and today am feeling optimistic about things. Graduated to mostly using my cane and walker only when I am tired. Pain is manageable during the day with extra strength tylenol...
  15. L

    TKR DLR recovery #2

    Sure hope my leg is straighter after all this. Can get my ankles closer together, but still don't touch. L
Back
Top Bottom