Recent content by liz

  1. L

    riding accident fracture nof

    thankyou for that interesting information. i wish the doc had told me as much! I live in uk. I will try to be patient but i am very active normally so get frustrated I have to limit myself a bit. liz
  2. L

    riding accident fracture nof

    I have been walking now for 3 months. not using crutches but still limp. I have pain in my groin on walking and sitting. saw surgeon today and he says I have some bone loss in the hip. see again in 6 months but he muttered hip replacement! I can do most things now but have not ridden. tired of...
  3. L

    walking after 3 months non-weight bearing

    The surgeon gave me the go ahead to start waking after 3 months of not doing so. No physio offered, just get on with it. should be off crutches in a month he said! Well, just to remind you I had a riding acident and broke my NOF. it was plated and screwed. three weeks on and I am in a lot of...
  4. L

    Brimingham Hip Replacement - Groin Pain

    dear me, wish I had somthing useful to say to you! hope you get results soon. If it does need another op then at least that will fix the problem although this is not what you would want. I do feel for you. I am seeing my surgeon on friday to see if I need a new hip or if it is mending. good luck...
  5. L

    Brimingham Hip Replacement - Groin Pain

    I work in Occupaional Therapy and I have not come across this as a complication after a THR. were you given exercises to do by the physio? if so did you do them? when the big muscles are cut they take ages to repair but must be exercised every day at least 5 times. this slowly increases muscle...
  6. L

    riding accident fracture nof

    thankyou for your message of support. if I do not get the go ahead to start walking in 3 weeks from my surgeon I will get another opinion as I simply cannot go on like this. one of my horses developed laminitis for the first time a week after my accident and had to go to a friends for care as I...
  7. L

    riding accident fracture nof

    two months ago i had a bad riding accident. my right hip was screwed and plated. I have been non weight bearing since and have 3 weeks to go before seeing surgeon again. i am a very active 56 year old with 3 horses ,dogs and 3 jobs. I feel very let down because i was not offered a replacement...
Back
Top Bottom