Recent content by Lisi

  1. Lisi

    Facing TKR ...many worries

    Thank you all so much !! I will begin reading through the links and this board. I need to do a lot of reading before I can decide what I'm going to do.
  2. Lisi

    Facing TKR ...many worries

    Yea, I love to bike! Reading your reply gave me some good news in you saying you are able to do the things you did before surgery. This is all so new to me, just this past week I saw my OS and he said my bone on bone and arthritis in my knee was indicative of needing a TKR. My knee has...
  3. Lisi

    Facing TKR ...many worries

    im new here and just recently learned my OS feels a TKR is what I need. Still trying to wrap my head around that news. One of my main concerns is that I am/was very active...mt and road biking, hiking and power walking. Anyone here postTKR and able to do just about everything they did before...
  4. Lisi

    Facing TKR ...many worries

    Thank you so much for all of the input. I'm guessing the OS won't be open to doing arthroscopy since he does feel a TKR is what's needed. I've got to wrap my head around it though. Part of me wants to know I'll be able to do all my outdoor activities that I currently was doing, mainly hiking, mt...
  5. Lisi

    Facing TKR ...many worries

    My OS ,I think , only agreed to an mri because I mentioned wanting to know more about what's going on in there. I doubt he'd do an arthroscopy just because I might want it. He would probably feel like it was a waste of time and not benificial in the long run. He did tell me the X-ray told him...
  6. Lisi

    Facing TKR ...many worries

    I'm certain I'm medically qualified for the surgery too. I'm active, healthy, nonsmoker, not overweight. I think I'd rather go through childbirth again than a TKR! Not only afraid of the surgery, but the pain involved, the recovery and lastly not being able to be as active as I am...or was. Is...
  7. Lisi

    Facing TKR ...many worries

    i am new to this forum and would appreciate any advice or comments. I am 56 and had knee surgery when I was 14. My knee has never been the same or normal. I've always known my limitations, and only do what I know I can do. Recently my knee has gotten "stuck" and whereas I've always been able to...
Back
Top Bottom