Recent content by lisalock

  1. L

    THR Lisa is home

    It's doing better, I used the walker again and took it easy all weekend. Plenty of rest and massage will heal! Lisa
  2. L

    THR Lisa is home

    I do 20 reps once a day each of leg raises with leg extended, leg raises from knee, leg raises on stomach, leg out to side laying down. Then she stretches me and massages the leg.
  3. L

    THR Lisa is home

    @Josephine Hope I'm doing this right, I seem to be redirected a lot! 1. Normal pain when walking, a 4, while walking after the searing pain incident, 10. Can't put any weight on it without freaking out in pain, went back to the walker and am holding the leg up. Before surgery I didnt have...
  4. L

    THR Lisa is home

    It's so rough because I have to deal with chemo and cancer treatments as well as healing but I will persevere! Love to all
  5. L

    THR Lisa is home

    6 weeks out I had a total hip replacement and femur rodding almost to my knee due to cancer. I am taken off partial weight bearing two days ago and given the go ahead to walk. I did a little walking and yesterday tried to stand up and had searing pain in the outer quad muscle (vastus lateralis...
  6. L

    THR Lisa is home

    Thank you all so much for the positive words. I am a little over 5 weeks after the thr and was trapped in rehab for about a month...totally sucked at the end. I've been home for a week and am still walking with the walker but pain is subsiding pretty much. My surgeon said my surgery was about...
  7. L

    Tomorrow's the day

    And thank God for Xanax! I'm so nervous, my bag is packed but I am having such anxiety. Wish me luck! Lisa
  8. L

    Do most people get sent home nowadays...

    Thank you! I am such a wreck!
  9. L

    Just found out I'm getting Total hip replacement in 5 days!

    Love right back at'cha Chrissie!!! Thank you!!
  10. L

    Just found out I'm getting Total hip replacement in 5 days!

    @Josephine Thank you for all of your help, I've really been thrown into this.
  11. L

    Just found out I'm getting Total hip replacement in 5 days!

    I really hope you're right. I had breast cancer when I was 34 and then 10 years later I have metastasis to my bones in the sternum, ribs, hips and femur. Had 16 rounds of radiation directly to the hip and it never got better so then I went to an ortho surgeon and he decided on total hip...
  12. L

    Do most people get sent home nowadays...

    Oh Josephine, I'm sure tons. Have you had experience with anyone who had this done due to cancer?
  13. L

    Kiwi Mike

    Sending only good thoughts your way!
  14. L

    Do most people get sent home nowadays...

    As opposed to going to a rehab center? My Doctor said I will be in from Monday and most likely go home on Thursday (I guess barring no complications.) Is this the norm? I'm worried about showering as we have a whirlpool tub with a shower door so it's a high leg lift, maybe just sponge baths...
Back
Top Bottom