Recent content by Lipp

  1. L

    TKR Swelling

    Things are moving along, still don't sleep well. My rom is at 122 and flex is -1. I am doing so well that PT says if I keep it up they can cut me loose soon. The swelling still is there and it ain't going away anytime soon by the look of things.
  2. L

    TKR Swelling

    I don't really take much for pain but before I try to sleep at night. PT seems to be doing a good job, things are moving along. I am sore afterwards but I guess that's just part of this thing. I didn't go into this thinking I wouldn't have pain and so far nothing has been too bad with that...
  3. L

    TKR Swelling

    I walk with a cane for stability so I don't fall but if there wasn't a fall risk I wouldn't be using it. Sleep is somewhat of an issue. It isn't so much the pain but getting comfortable. I've had success in bed for a few hours at a time by laying on my good leg with my bad one on two pillows...
  4. L

    TKR Swelling

    It's still nice outside and I can walk so I spend time out there reading. I went to my first physical therapy appointment. It wasn't what I could call "pleasant" but it also wasn't excruciatingly painful either. They look like they know what they are doing. Most of the people that were there...
  5. L

    TKR Swelling

    Thanks for all the advice. I've tired of watching the TV, it's still nice outside so maybe I will go sit out there.
  6. L

    TKR Swelling

    All I seem to do is lay around, elevate and ice. I must need to be patient with this. They said it can take a year.
  7. L

    TKR Swelling

    I had my right knee done on September 9th. I am able to walk with the walker fairly well but the swelling is preventing me from bending much. I can walk or I can bend but I can't do both. I know I am early in this process but when can I expect to be able to do both?
Back
Top Bottom