Recent content by Linda1956

  1. Linda1956

    TKR Linda's recovery thread<

    Josephine, thanks for the direction. Reading your posts about your TKR and no PT was what drew me to this site. I still have pain (4-6) in my knee, especially when using stairs. We have 16 stairs that I have no choice to use as this is how I must use to get outside. I am down to one PT...
  2. Linda1956

    TKR Linda's recovery thread<

    Finally, pure exhaustion!
  3. Linda1956

    TKR Linda's recovery thread<

    Thanks all. You make me feel so much better. Well all of you and 12 hours of sleep!
  4. Linda1956

    TKR Linda's recovery thread<

    Thanks very much, as I said still learning. My 7 year old granddaughter (pictured) could possibly give me lessons. lol. Just keep letting me know so I can do things correctly. I might sound like I’m a bit fragile, which I suppose I am today! Had quite the pity party today after reading...
  5. Linda1956

    TKR Linda's recovery thread<

    Thank you Susie, sometimes I feel pretty alone. I’m just so tired of being in pain, not being able to sleep and most of all I don’t feel as if I’m making any headway. Maybe even going backwards. I elevate, ice take what meds I can. I’m beginning to think I made a bad choice. The knee pain is...
  6. Linda1956

    TKR Linda's recovery thread<

    Well I am still having pain around a 6 in my knee. Behind my knee is slightly worse. When bending my knee at about 100* it just seems to stop, like it’s glued. Forcing it is excruciating. It feels like pain from hip to ankle. Just trying to treat with Tylenol, truthfully it doesn’t do much...
  7. Linda1956

    TKR Linda's recovery thread<

    I hope I haven’t offended anyone. If I did I’m sorry. I’I supposed to do anything else. Haven’t gotten any feedback in a while
  8. Linda1956

    TKR Linda's recovery thread<

    Thank you sistersinhim, It’s so good to get the feed back. Sometimes the pt and doctors say things that as patients we take to heart, but they don’t mean it that way. With feed back from those that have been there I don’t feel like such a dope!
  9. Linda1956

    TKR Linda's recovery thread<

    I take on an as needed basis. Recently 10mg norco 3x a day. Nights can be bad, so sometimes I take 2-10 mg. Also Tylenol if pain isn’t too bad. With this new opioid “fear” and regulations in the US they just don’t give you enough to stay ahead of the pain. I was given 60 tablets to take...
  10. Linda1956

    TKR Linda's recovery thread<

    By the way, hot springs for soaking and relaxing! lol
  11. Linda1956

    TKR Linda's recovery thread<

    Okay here you are, 1. My knee pain is between 5 and 7. However that pain from my disk is around a 8-9. And to be honest it is hard to tell between the two starting in my upper leg. Also on the inside of my knee I’ve been getting these intense stabbing pain, it doesn’t last but 10-15 seconds...
  12. Linda1956

    TKR Linda's recovery thread<

    Hello all, can anyone tell me if and when it would be safe to use a natural hot spring, or a public pool?
  13. Linda1956

    TKR Linda's recovery thread<

    Thanks all for the feed back. I’m still trying to figure out how to use the site. My surgery date was 6/5/2018. Josephine I am more than happy to answer any and all questions. Looking at all other sites I feel that bone smart will be the best for me. As I’ve said not the brightest light in...
  14. Linda1956

    TKR Linda's recovery thread<

    hi I’m a 62 year old female, knee issues for many years. Finally resulting inTKR in June. At 7+ weeks post op I’m still having a lot of pain. NSAIDs are too hard on my stomach. Has any one had any suggestions of what I could take to help with pain?
Back
Top Bottom