Recent content by Limitless lemon

  1. Limitless lemon

    THR Post hip replacement insomnia

    beckylou frustrating is right! I generally feel quite good so it's hard not to jumpy back into my active lifestyle headfirst!. Thanks so much. it really helps to know I am not alone.... and I've stopped panicking now ha ha
  2. Limitless lemon

    THR Post hip replacement insomnia

    Hi all, I haven't posted in a while because things have been going great. I am 11 weeks out and back at work. I am feeling much more mobile having no crutches and been given permission to return my assistive devices. I've even been able to tie my won shoes! woohoo! I had a great follow up with...
  3. Limitless lemon

    THR Post hip replacement insomnia

    Thanks PrincessMay I'm inclined to think the sitting alone would drive me crazy at work. My butt goes numb pretty quick these days. Part of the problem sounds somewhat similar to your. My husband works from home and though there's no family drama going on I do feel like I need to get out of the...
  4. Limitless lemon

    THR Post hip replacement insomnia

    bottomshollow that's awesome. thanks!!!
  5. Limitless lemon

    THR Post hip replacement insomnia

    Thanks kiwigirl the sleeping is getting better but, like you, I am waking up ALOT. As I have very little pain I find my body want to roll around more and more but it's such a hassle putting a pillow between my legs and rolling to my side. Though I can finally sleep on my side for some time. In...
  6. Limitless lemon

    THR Newbie needing help!

    kiwigirl , I agree with zauberflöte, whinge away! You're definitely in the right place to get the support you need. Plus, it gives me an idea what to expect in a few weeks :) (I'm four weeks post op today) because your level of activity/ recovery sounds quite similar to what I have experienced...
  7. Limitless lemon

    THR Post hip replacement insomnia

    IslandSkipper, fancy meeting you here! I am trying more and more to think long term and it really helps. I think you, and everyone else are right and I just need to aim for around 8 weeks. I'm feeling less and Less guilty! Ps. I don't know how you went six weeks without weight bearing, I would...
  8. Limitless lemon

    THR Post hip replacement insomnia

    Thanks, I was looking at the one on energy drain again and it helped a lot to understand what's going on. I had originally told my work I'd be back in eight weeks. My surgeon then told me he has patients who have gone back after two!?!?!! So perhaps I feel a bit guilty for taking more time and...
  9. Limitless lemon

    THR Post hip replacement insomnia

    Thanks so much everyone! My hubby went out and bought be a leg seporator which is much more comfortable for my side than a bunch of pillows, so I am able to stay on my side a little bit longer. I am making sure I take 2 extra strength Tylenol before bed and then usually two in the middle of the...
  10. Limitless lemon

    THR Post hip replacement insomnia

    Hi everyone, I'm twelve days post THR and I think my recovery is going very well. I'm off the heavy duty pain meds and feeling stronger everyday. I think a lot of this is because I am quite young and was fairly active before my replacement despite my arthritis pain. My only complaint (other...
Back
Top Bottom