Recent content by Lhasasmommy

  1. Lhasasmommy

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    Patrick my new knee 2 weeks post op
  2. Lhasasmommy

    PKR 3-17-15 named partial knee Patrick

    Update from the doctor for my 2 week check up. He said that my xrays look great my incision looks great to keep up the ice and good work. Checked my ROM to approximately 105 said I could put away the cane as long as I felt comfortable with it. I am off pain medication except for Aleve. Start...
  3. Lhasasmommy

    TKR My new knee!

    So glad to hear from you. We had our surgeries done on the same day and was wondering what happened with yours. I have to say we are sisters not only in our date but our pain levels and I am just use the cane and sometimes I forget that silly thing. I have been out and to the park and...
  4. Lhasasmommy

    PKR 3-17-15 named partial knee Patrick

    I have been taken food with the med. My stomach is always upset. I was a 120 the day after surgery. My knee has been swelling since then so I am not at 120 now. I have been keeping it elevated to keep the swelling down. I think maybe I was keeping the CPM too much. Should I just relax and...
  5. Lhasasmommy

    PKR 3-17-15 named partial knee Patrick

    I am not doing so well today. Sick at my stomach and my leg is stiff and swollen. :eeeuw: I have been staying on top of my medication and I have really tired not to over do it. Keeping my leg iced and in the CPM. Should I be concerned or is it just part of the process? I was doing good and...
  6. Lhasasmommy

    PKR 3-17-15 named partial knee Patrick

    Thank you all for your information it helps to know what is causing some of the things going on. Yes, I did have a femoral block. I am feeling like I had more stiffness and soreness tonight not really pain. My husband has been on top of my medication so I haven't had any trouble there. I am...
  7. Lhasasmommy

    PKR 3-17-15 named partial knee Patrick

    Had partial on Left knee on Tuesday. I have been been in very very little pain since the procedure.:chillpill: My doctor put pain medication in my knee along with antibiotics. Have had very little swelling. I kept the ice machine on 24 hours and I had in the the CPM all night and most of the...
  8. Lhasasmommy

    Scared of unknown

    Referee I am right there with you I am absolutely petrified. My surgery is tomorrow and I just and having second thoughts and want to run as far away as I can.:bolt: (I can't even walk away fast!) All the panic and anxiety attacks that have been gone for so long are back. :shocked::scare:
  9. Lhasasmommy

    tomorrow is the big day! ahhh!

    I know your feeling as my surgery is tomorrow. I am wishing you the very best of outcomes today for your surgery.
  10. Lhasasmommy

    New Knee in March!

    We are surgery sisters as my LPKR is on March 17th also. I am looking for the luck of the Irish too. Best of luck with your surgery and hopefully we will be comparing stories soon.
  11. Lhasasmommy

    Partial Knee Surgery - Getting nervous.

    I will do my best to be honest with my pain level. I just don't like pain medication at all. But, I know I must in this case take it. We have set up a chart for my husband to keep track of and our timer so we don't forget or sleep through it. It is just 3 days and my stomach is so upset...
  12. Lhasasmommy

    Partial Knee Surgery - Getting nervous.

    :roseshwr:SuperSnapper and Bassman, thank you so much for your responses. I have a CPM and a Ice Machine didn't know if I might need the large gel packs in addition to as they get colder. Hearing that you are happy with your new knee is such good news. I keep trying to talk myself out of it...
  13. Lhasasmommy

    Partial Knee Surgery - Getting nervous.

    Having LPKR on March 17th just a few days away. I am so worried about the pain after surgery I guess I am looking for encouragement and support to go through with this. The doctor will be doing spinal anesthesia with intravenous sedation injection of propofol. I have tried to prepare my home...
  14. Lhasasmommy

    Revision TKR Wberry knee is up<

    Hope you get your meds straighted out. That can be a scary feeling, at least you are aware of what is causing it. Talk to the nurses and inform them. There are so many options they can choose from. Wishing you the best on the rest of the day.
  15. Lhasasmommy

    wberry's First Timers TKR Nervous Cat

    I am starting to get nervous and stomach turning. Scheduled for the 17th on St. Pattys day. Have gotten all the doctors approval and hospital is set to go. Just waiting for the day to get here. I wish it was already over. I have moved a bed downstairs so I don't have to go upstairs till...
Back
Top Bottom