Recent content by Laurel_48

  1. L

    TKR 2nd recovery seems different?

    Deep sigh of relief! OK, sounds like great advice. In particular, I do remember struggling with pain and tightness with my LTKR and worried about it incessantly because I was warned about the manipulation under anesthesia. I did get some really good advice here and it certainly eased my worry...
  2. L

    TKR 2nd recovery seems different?

    I'm 8 weeks postop and I'm back at work. I've finished a full week and it was exhausting. Going from maybe, 1000 steps per day to 6000 is a jump. My R knee is stiff and I'm having difficulty with the bend. Last TKR at 8 weeks I was bending at 110 degrees. This time around I think I'm at 96 and...
  3. L

    2020 August Hotshots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

    August 11 is my date. Right knee replacement 8 months after my left knee replacement. Stay cool everyone.
  4. L

    TKR I just found this site today..

    Thank you all for your responses. I've taken in what everyone has said and suggested. This week I did nothing at all (maybe some heel slides and stretching to warm up) and found that my swelling has decreased noticeably. I've decided to treat my knee with a lot of TLC and not compare my...
  5. L

    TKR I just found this site today..

    Jockette and Sisterinhim, thank you so much for your words of wisdom. I truly appreciate your knowledge and guidance. I've been looking all over the internet for weeks for a place like this and finally found BoneSmart. It makes me feel "normal" if you will. Thanks again.
  6. L

    Welcome to the November Nimbles' 2019 Knee Recovery Club

    Hi, Can you add me to November's group? My surgery was November 12, 2019 left total knee replacement. Lorrie
  7. L

    TKR I just found this site today..

    and what a wonderful thing this is. I had a total knee replacement (left leg) on November 12, 2019, and have been in varying degrees of pain. The beginning of the healing process was excruciating. I admit that I was in the dark about how painful the surgery would be. The struggle is real! In...
Back
Top Bottom