Recent content by lancecwilson

  1. L

    Revision TKR Another Revision Planned

    I had a revision in September where a larger spacer was placed. I’m having another revision on Tuesday with the nuclear option. I think you made the right decision. Best of luck.
  2. L

    2023 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?

    On Jan 10th I'll be having a full revision done on my right knee. This will be my second revision in four months, so hopefully this goes better this time around.
  3. L

    Revision TKR My Recovery

    Met with the surgeon today, he is going to do a full revision in January now. Things are just too loose and there was nothing else to do. This is the best course of action. So, here I go again...
  4. L

    Revision TKR My Recovery

    I’ve had kneecap realignment (TTT), lateral release, and a bunch of cartilage damage repaired over the last 23 years or so.
  5. L

    Revision TKR My Recovery

    I’m pretty much stuck with this surgeon since it’s through the VA. Honestly he’s a good surgeon and we talked about how it may not work before the first revision. This time I’m going to insist on replacing everything and not just the kneecap and spacer. This will be my ninth overall surgery on...
  6. L

    Revision TKR My Recovery

    So, just a quick follow up. It seems that the TKR has failed. My knee is looser now than before the revision and the PA states there is nothing more I can do. I meet with the surgeon next week after a CT. They ran some blood tests to rule out infection. The C-reactive was normal, but the...
  7. L

    Revision TKR My Recovery

    Had my Revision on 9/20 and spent a couple of days in the hospital while the VA figured out the home healthcare stuff. PT has been going good so far, but... The loud clicking has returned and it still seems loose and unstable. Once the swelling went down, the noises came back... Had my first...
  8. L

    Revision TKR Revision Questions

    So, met with the surgeon today and I'm scheduled for a revision on 9/20. My patella wasn't touched during the first replacement, so he's going to do that now. And, my knee is loose and he is going to try putting a bigger spacer in and if that doesn't seem to work correctly just remove...
  9. L

    2022 September Sapphires - Are you having knee surgery in September?

    RTKR Right knee scheduled for 9/20. Kneecap was not done the first time and now my knee is also loose. Good times, good times.....
  10. L

    Revision TKR Revision Questions

    Here is the X-ray.
  11. L

    TKR To have or not to have?

    I wish it was done years ago. I may be having some issues now, but it was the best thing for me.
  12. L

    Revision TKR Revision Questions

    I had TKR in December 2020 and have been having pain in my knee for the last few months, debilitating at times. Went to ORTHO (VA doc) and had X-rays and such done. She has referred me to a revision specialist for a revision. She found on the X-Ray the prothesis doesn't cover the tibia fully...
Back
Top Bottom