another update - now weight bearing for almost 4 weeks. Progress is good. On the elliptical now, and able to comfortably do 9 minute miles with varied resistance and no pain. Leg press i'm up to 190lbs, not breaking any records, but getting some muscle back in my legs. I mostly walk with no limp...
an update: I'm now 10 days since i started going weight bearing. So far, so good - i typically walk 2-3 miles per day, mostly with very light weight on a single crutch to maintain could walking form. My PT has urged good form with one crutch vs. hobbling around with no crutches and risking...
6 week checkup today. Things are going well. I'm told my range of motion and muscle development are well ahead of the curve. I'm 135/138 on range of motion - but can mostly bend/straighten my leg quickly and comfortably, and I only get stiffness now if my leg has been in the brace for a while...
Think I must have gotten my target ROM wrong, this week (week 5 post surgery) I managed 135 degrees, and am still a little short compared to my non-surgery leg. Anyhow, progress remains good. Next follow-up with surgeon is 8 days away, and am expecting to start going partial weight bearing then...
Just to add on - my last PT appointment I explained the issue sleeping - most of my pain/discomfort being in my surgery leg calf muscle. PT spent a good amount of time working that area, and showed me how to 'roll it out', using a foam roller. Something I am now doing 2-3 times per day. That has...
Hi - so, it may be a bit different with my HTO/OATS vs a TKR, I couldn't tell you for sure. What I can say is my surgeon is VERY focused on early ROM ability. My understanding is that one of the two procedures I had (I forget which...) has a relatively high percentage chance for follow-up...
Could an admin change my general tag from OATS to HTO? As I've learned more about the two procedures, it seems HTO is by some measure a far harder/longer recovery time vs. OATS, therefore I think my experiences would be better reflected by the HTO tag.
I completed another PT session yesterday...
so yeah, talked to the PT - the general thinking is, its still early for me - tomorrow is just the two week mark, so i still have a good deal of swelling, so elevating is important. But, for my body to ultimately get use to being vertical, i have to be vertical. So she suggested taking a walk...
Hey folks, just adding an update. Now 12 days post surgery. Things are improving in general;
Sleeping - i found doubling up on the sleep aid I was taking has done the trick. Maybe a little too much - I'm probably getting about 6-7hrs of sleep, but when i wake i'm very drowsy and spend 60-90...
Yeh, maybe i'll try and double up on the over-the-counter sleep aid tonight. Not looking forward to bedtime! :(
Why is it as I crutch around, I only need to crutch for 3-4 minutes and my right leg feels like its ran a marathon? It gets SO tired and it's not doing anything, just hanging there...
thanks! had one of the worst nights last night - they adjusted the brace yesterday, and it felt ok then, but boy, last night was terrible. I'm not sure if its a combination of the adjustment, the removal of the bandaging, and being off the pain meds - but I just could not get comfortable at all...
post-op today. Went well. They removed the 'first stitch' from each of my incisions, and i'm told the rest will dissolve. Bandages came off - wasn't the frankenstein I'd worried about, although the two incisions are certainly substantial, but whoever did the stitching is a true artist, and it...
I'm not sure about staple/stitches removal - I've only ever had stitches once before, and those were for a wound on my arm - those were taken out too early and the wound burst open a few hours later, so I won't be too upset if they want to wait a little longer before removal! I do hope the...
thx folks - I msg'd my surgeon, and he had the same concerns as mentioned (blood clot). I think in my case, as I don't have any significant pain to touch, redness, or heat coming from it, it should be ok, and is probably just a muscle issue. He said to immediately alert him if I get any of those...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.