Recent content by Kurt_H

  1. Kurt_H

    Knee Infection* Kurt_H's Knee Infection

    Week 5 - 7 Hi all, Its been a while since I posted (13 Nov) and a lot has happened. Well this time went for my check up at orthopedic surgeon for bloods etc. My CRP levels had decreased from 9.5 to 5.9, which now according to my surgeon is a very good indicator that infection had been sorted...
  2. Kurt_H

    Knee Infection* Kurt_H's Knee Infection

    Thank you all for all the responses and support!!! So glad I've joined this site!! Jamie, Celle, Jockette.
  3. Kurt_H

    Knee Infection* Kurt_H's Knee Infection

    Week 3 - 4 Well its been now 3 weeks going into week 4 and I have some GOOD NEWS! I went for a check-up yesterday with my OS and looking at the blood results, he is happy to proceed with the 2nd phase of the surgery on the 28th November, which is exactly 6 weeks from original surgery. My CRP...
  4. Kurt_H

    Knee Infection* Kurt_H's Knee Infection

    Scar at 2 weeks Post Op 2 stage revision. Spacer in for 6 weeks.
  5. Kurt_H

    Knee Infection* Kurt_H's Knee Infection

    Week 2 Moving forward - Well it’s been 2 weeks now today and so far my progress has been good “touch wood”! My surgeon is happy with the knee and infection seems to be under control, so much so that I had been discharged on Tuesday. I cannot even express how ecstatic I was to get out of...
  6. Kurt_H

    Knee Infection* Kurt_H's Knee Infection

    Hi all, just an update from my end. Day 6 and 7 Well quite an eventful past two days, I got my irrigation system out my leg that was feeding antibiotics. The OS mentioned he was happy with my progress, they have found one bug which was quite common to knee infection. He also mentioned that I...
  7. Kurt_H

    Revision TKR Revision surgery

    @Crowwood thats an excellent drop in CRP score, mine is 17.9, hope to get it under 10 or even better 5! My infection caused loosening of the prothsesis which was easily picked up in an x-ray. I have to have a new one. That being said they must have seen possible loosening by now or will MRI...
  8. Kurt_H

    Knee Infection* Kurt_H's Knee Infection

    @LolaBee I'm holding thumbs all will be fine!!!
  9. Kurt_H

    Knee Infection* Kurt_H's Knee Infection

    Day 5 It's been kinda a low day for me. I have been too much in my head, playing out different scenarios. The doctor's also play their cards very close to their chest, not giving much away and all you want is some reassurance At the end of the day. So my ID doctor said if I'm lucky the bug is...
  10. Kurt_H

    Knee Infection* Kurt_H's Knee Infection

    Thanks all for the information, so much to take in and yet I have so much more question!
  11. Kurt_H

    Knee Infection* Kurt_H's Knee Infection

    Day 4 So day 4 was relatively busy, had doctors come in and out proding and poking. Also went for Xrays for the first time after surgery, was so nice to just get out of the room... My surgeon told me they have found the infection but now it's a matter of growing it and seeing what strain it...
  12. Kurt_H

    Knee Infection* Kurt_H's Knee Infection

    @LolaBee how long were you on the IV antibiotics?
  13. Kurt_H

    Knee Infection* Kurt_H's Knee Infection

    @LolaBee that is hectic! Sorry about the pain but so glad you got through it!!! I guess I'll have to see with the final infection identication!
  14. Kurt_H

    Knee Infection* Kurt_H's Knee Infection

    Hi LolaBee, Why may I ask did you have the spacer in so long, my surgeon suggested 6 weeks. Is it dependant on clearing the infection?
  15. Kurt_H

    Knee Infection* Kurt_H's Knee Infection

    @Izabel thanks so much for your response, I will mention to my doc tomorrow!!
Back
Top Bottom