Recent content by Kscagent99

  1. K

    Revised PKR to TKR KSCAgent99's Knee Replacement Journey

    @Jaycey - That would be awesome. Crossville, TN.
  2. K

    Revised PKR to TKR KSCAgent99's Knee Replacement Journey

    @Jaycey - I'm having it x-rayed today. I'm fairly certain that the implant has separated from the bone again. Not sure where to turn if that's the case. I don't think I can handle another surgery :'(
  3. K

    Revised PKR to TKR KSCAgent99's Knee Replacement Journey

    FRUSTRATED!!!! I'm so unhappy with my TKR Revision. A little background first: I had a partial (medial) replacement in June 2020. It failed - still had weight bearing pain below the knee on medial side. Had a full replacement March 2021. It has been doing "OK"... at least I didn't have any...
  4. K

    Revised PKR to TKR KSCAgent99's Knee Replacement Journey

    Thank you both for the reassurance and encouragement!!! ❤️
  5. K

    Revised PKR to TKR KSCAgent99's Knee Replacement Journey

    Thanks Celle! Any idea how long sleep deprivation will last?? I’ve been trying to tough it out hoping that if I get tired enough, I will sleep! That’s not working— I’m just getting more tired. Guess naps are in my future.
  6. K

    Revised PKR to TKR KSCAgent99's Knee Replacement Journey

    Hey all - I am 8 weeks post op and all seems to be going well. I still have some swelling in the knee area and pain as well, but that seems to all be normal. I’m off all pain meds except an occasional Tylenol (I can’t take any anti-inflammatories). My concern now is that I’m still so wiped...
  7. K

    Revised PKR to TKR KSCAgent99's Knee Replacement Journey

    Well, here we go! At the hospital now and getting ready for my TKR (revision). I had a partial in this knee last June and it didn’t heal properly.
  8. K

    Revised PKR to TKR KSCAgent99's Knee Replacement Journey

    Jockette, I am sorry you are having a tough time. That stinks. I did a lot of research before getting surgery and my best friend is an Athletic Trainer who helped me with the research. I’m traveling 3 hours to get to my doc.
  9. K

    Revised PKR to TKR KSCAgent99's Knee Replacement Journey

    Thank you for your reply. The reason my surgeon did a partial is because of my young age (56) and activity level. He wanted to do the least amount of correction needed. My lateral side is fine and my knee stability is excellent. I have thought of a second opinion but this doc is rated and known...
  10. K

    Revised PKR to TKR KSCAgent99's Knee Replacement Journey

    I'm getting scheduled for my 2nd surgery w/in 7 months (on same knee) soon and my living conditions have changed drastically. I just retired (early... at 56) and we sold our house and moved to the woods in our old RV until we can buy our dream retirement house. The RV doesn't have anyplace to...
  11. K

    Revised PKR to TKR KSCAgent99's Knee Replacement Journey

    My 6 month post op was yesterday and I'm still in significant pain post PKR last June (2020). Xrays indicate that the bone is not forming correctly around the prosthetic and there is too much stress on the PKR (medial) area. I'm being scheduled for a revision to a TKR. I'm not happy that this...
  12. K

    Revised PKR to TKR KSCAgent99's Knee Replacement Journey

    Well, my 6 month appointment was yesterday and didn't go well. The xrays show dense bone forming around the prosthetic and the doc indicates that it is caused by too much pressure on the prosthetic (he said my bones otherwise look good in general and my bone density test that I had about 1.5...
  13. K

    Revised PKR to TKR KSCAgent99's Knee Replacement Journey

    Thank you all!! This has given me the hope I need! Reading articles now!
  14. K

    Revised PKR to TKR KSCAgent99's Knee Replacement Journey

    Thanks Jaycey! My cane has a broken rubber bottom but will get to the store tomorrow to get the tip replaced and then I plan on using it. My crutches are in storage :-(. I know I did too much (long story - had to get house sold). I do think the doctor should have been more cautious than “weight...
Back
Top Bottom