Recent content by kreismama

  1. K

    TKR 2 years post op TKR issues

    Great points on the robotics surgery. Thank you.
  2. K

    TKR 2 years post op TKR issues

    @Celle I am pleased with my surgeon’s diligence thus far as well. I agree I am now researching surgeons in my area that specialize in post op problem knees. If I feel the need I will definitely see 2 or 3 different doctors until I feel I’ve found the right one. I just want to get this knee...
  3. K

    TKR 2 years post op TKR issues

    @sistersinhim I agree and had already been considering a new Doctor that specializes in post op problem knees. I will begin researching specialists and see someone next. I don’t see the point in continuing to see my surgeon if she doesn’t specialize or even handle revisions as she stated...
  4. K

    TKR 2 years post op TKR issues

    @Celle thank you for your response and feedback. Yes one of the other things I discussed with my surgeon was the chance that I may be allergic to the hardware metal. I forgot to mention that in my post. This thought has been on my mind for over a year now because I met a man in my PT that...
  5. K

    TKR 2 years post op TKR issues

    Hello, I had my left TKR on February 28, 2019, when I was 55 years old. I did very well in surgery and post op, stayed one night in the hospital and did my first PT in the morning then was discharged in the afternoon. My home recovery was good, did my exercises routinely and other than...
  6. K

    TKR The long and winding road - round 2

    @Rather I had my left TKR on Feb 26, and my sister was a god send preparing me for post op home care. She’s had several neck and back surgeries so she knew exactly what I would need once home from the hospital. Good thing because I didn’t think of any of these things. She got me a toilet...
  7. K

    TKR 2 years post op TKR issues

    Hi, I’ve cut back on my PT and decided to just go a couple days a week doing their gym program which means I can still do my exercises and ride the bike, but the therapists won’t be massaging or bending me at all. I’m basically on my own, just going to lightly exercise to keep my knee moving...
  8. K

    TKR 2 years post op TKR issues

    Thank you all for your responses. It sure helps to hear what others are going through or have gone through with their recovery. I just don’t know what to expect or what is the norm since this is my first TKR. I know there is no “norm” as every knee and recovery is different. Everyday is a...
  9. K

    TKR 2 years post op TKR issues

    @rockgirl14 I am at 4 months post op not 4 weeks. Thank you all for your replies. @Celle my Dr wants to schedule a manipulation as she says the adhesions and scar tissue is what is preventing my bend and giving me pain and stiffness. I’m deciding...
  10. K

    TKR 2 years post op TKR issues

    Hello, I am 4 months out (surgery date 2/26/19) after LKR and I’m experiencing a lot of swelling still, pain along my outer side (left) of my knee, very stiff and only at 110-113* range of motion. I am staying around 110* during my PT which is 3x a week. The pain is unbearable when they are...
Back
Top Bottom