After an accident, I had very crude knee surgery at age 17...in the 1970's. There was a bucket tear to the meniscus, and they just removed the meniscus. (That was how it was done back then!) The knee was loose and would dislocate occasionally but was fairly pain-free until my 50's. I had a...
Thank you, Bikeknit. That is a very helpful Tale of Two Knees.... I hope your second knee is continuing to make easier progress for you... I have just accepted the swelling and found that I am still making flexing progress despite it... All in good time!
Thank you both! I appreciate the feedback that this is just normal for me...and to just hang in there. NFenske, good luck with your knee. Sounds frustrating to not be able to straighten fully, but that is sure an impressive flexion degree. And what a positive attitude, too. Good luck...
An update, in case it helps anyone else... and a question;
8-9 weeks after surgery: I followed your advice, rested almost exclusively, as even the gentlest heel slides were causing swelling. Stiffness and swelling was still really bad; the reduced range of motion remained unimproved, at...
Thank you so much!
You are absolutely right... I forgot to include that the doc said that it seems like IT Band is flaring up. After reading the helpful link on IT Band issues and rereading the other links, I have a few follow up questions:
Do IT Band issues usually resolve with rest and IT...
Hi,
Thank you for all this helpful information; what a great resource!
I am 61 years old and had TKR on my right knee on September 15, 2020. The surgery went well. The only unusual thing was that I was not prescribed Celebrex anti-inflammatory which my surgeon likes to prescribe, since I have...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.