Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly. You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
KElmore
Im a mother of four grown children. Ages 19, 20, 23, 26. I have three beautiful grandchildren. 5mos, 13mos, 2 1/2 years. I am married to the most wonderful loving, caring man, who supports me so much. We both work full time. I work in a trauma 2 hospital on a Medsurg floor as a Telemetry Tech, and he is a tow operator in a very busy city. We are doing well. Thank You Jesus. My Kids are all on their own living very near to me. I am on this blog to seek help and encouragement, and to give encouragement to others going thru the same thing I am which is OA of bilateral knees.
As a young girl, I had many falls to the knee since I have thin and weak ankles, as my children were young I also had many falls while holding them. My child was not injured, but my knees were. While they were growing up, I was a very busy Mom, working, cleaning, and cooking, and tending to my children daily. I suffered from chronic inflammation of bilateral knees, water to the knee and had it aspirated twice. Knee issues grew with a diagnosis of Arthritis bilaterally. Range of motion was stiffening.
In 2010, the event that threw me into major debilitating pain and suffering was a fall down some stairs. This changed my whole world. My knee disability has been the focus of my life since. I've had 2 arthroscopic surgeries to clean them up, but I am bone on bone, my range of motion is getting shorter as time passes, and I stand with deformity of both knees at a bend. I look as if I'm about to sit, when I'm at a full stand. I can't sit or stand too long. My self esteem and confidence has been diminished, due to how I look and feel. I'm not a confident young beautiful women, but a disabled, deformed, and limited person. My pain is tolerable since the surgeries, but Im young and would like my life back. To feel and look beautiful. I use to have beautiful legs, wearing high heels throughout my young life, getting whistles and much attention. Now with this ugly and debilitating disability my life has been turned upside down.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.