Recent content by KD38

  1. K

    TKR House with stairs - worried about managing

    I agree with everyone, the PT will show you at the hospital before they release you. I was super worried as well. I have a similar stair layout to yours. One trick the hospital PT taught me was go up with the “good leg” and down with the “bad leg.” I used a cane and stair hand rail while...
  2. K

    PKR 3 wks post op, loud pop-extreme pain and swelling

    Hi everyone, thanks for the replies. The Dr said I have ruptured an internal stitch and to rest, ice, elevate, the usual. I looked at the images and agree the replacement and overall structure look good. There’s definitely localized swelling but nothing catastrophic like a torn ligament which...
  3. K

    PKR 3 wks post op, loud pop-extreme pain and swelling

    Yes, I agree. Thanks everyone for the comments and feedback. I’m getting ready to leave for the orthopedic urgent care. My orthopedic practice has after hours and weekend appointments with imaging so that patients don’t have to wait for hours at the general ER. Not to mention going to the...
  4. K

    PKR 3 wks post op, loud pop-extreme pain and swelling

    Hi, I will start by saying I’m planning on going to urgent care in a couple hours but would like to know everyone’s thoughts. I had partial replacement on 10/4/23 and have been doing very well. Bar the first few days, recovery has gone way better and faster than expected but I’m only 38 so age...
Back
Top Bottom