Recent content by Kayb

  1. K

    TKR TKR stiff and swollen

    Thanks. Good idea to elevate at night!
  2. K

    TKR TKR stiff and swollen

    Sorry...that was at night it wakes me.
  3. K

    TKR TKR stiff and swollen

    Back again after several months. I am 10 months out from TKR. I still have a terribly tight band feeling around and above my knee I have about 100 degree bend still. I don’t know how to improve anything. My knee still feels swollen although the outside swelling seems to be gone. I heard after...
  4. K

    TKR TKR stiff and swollen

    Thank you so much for the information about flex ion and Rom. I appreciate understanding the measuring. I am learning more patience for sure!
  5. K

    TKR TKR stiff and swollen

    Hi. Haven’t been here in a while. Surgery was August 6, 2020. I have stopped pushing my knee to bend more and and can now walk longer distances with much less pain. Swelling is still there but reduced. I still need to improve my ROM but am hopeful this will come in time. Without going to PT I...
  6. K

    TKR 20 Months Not Great

    I have that itching feeling sometimes. I just assumed it was the healing process.
  7. K

    TKR TKR stiff and swollen

    Thanks to everyone for your helpful responses. I am going to stop pushing my knee and begin elevating it a lot during the day. I have noticed that it’s not just my knee but my leg in general that is often swollen. I am grateful to be walking anyway. My knee gave entirely out before my surgery...
  8. K

    TKR TKR stiff and swollen

    Thanks for the encouraging words! My surgery date was August 6th of last year. I definitely don’t want to have a MUA but have been scared of getting stuck with this tightness around my knee. And, yes, I do press my knee to bend by sitting and pushing it back with my opposite foot and holding it...
  9. K

    TKR TKR stiff and swollen

    Thanks for the comment. I do walk quite a bit but the swelling seems to reach a point where I just can’t go any further. My ortho said that elevating and icing would help alleviate discomfort for a bit but make no permanent difference. Now I am wondering if that would be a good idea to try...
  10. K

    TKR TKR stiff and swollen

    First time here. I am 6 months after TKR on my right knee. I can’t seem to get past the swelling and stiff knee feeling. My ROM is probably about 100 but I can force a bigger bend if I try hard, although it is painful. My knee is swollen some when I first rise in the morning. If I stand or walk...
Back
Top Bottom