Recent content by Kat53

  1. K

    TKR Sharp pain

    Still at a 6.
  2. K

    TKR Sharp pain

    Curious about how long it took others to reach 0° in knee extension (flat knee). I am 3-months post-op, and I'm still not there.
  3. K

    TKR Sharp pain

    I'm 2 months post-op. It's all so new...each day is different! My right foot was aching as it has done since the TNR, and my husband offered to message it. That was great for the first 2 minutes, but the ache throughout the side of my shin and thigh was so intense, I made him stop. Every area of...
  4. K

    TKR Shin splints/spasms

    I've read that shin splints and/or spasms is one of the healing processes after TKR. This is a new sensation that appeared about 7 weeks post-op. Any wisdom on how long they last and how to minimize them? They sometimes take my breath away!
  5. K

    TKR Shin splints/spasms

    Thank you. I was at PT today and my therapist has updated all of my info to remind staff that along with TKR, I have autoimmune disorder and osteoarthritis. He said we are on a much more gradual achedule. I hope so!
  6. K

    TKR Shin splints/spasms

    Thank you for reaching out. I wasn't sure where to start! My initial progress was EXCELLENT. Then, 2 weeks ago, PT really pushed me. I trusted them. 24 hours later, I couldn't put any weight on my surgery leg/knee/foot. I was so worried, I saw the surgeon 5 days after the PT experience. I...
  7. K

    TKR Shin splints/spasms

    Please add me to the March Mousketeers. My right knee TKR was March 7, 2019. Thanks!
Back
Top Bottom