karwask

I'm a 67 year old woman and I live on my own, mostly, with two dogs and a housemate. I'm hoping to have both hips replaced in the spring, sometime in March or April of 2021 but this will depend on judgement of my surgeon who I will be meeting with on December 23rd.

Ironically, in my extreme efforts to avoid having to have my hip (s) replaced, I'm probably in better physical shape now then I have ever been in my life. I got dogs to make me walk as I would not do so otherwise so do about 7,600 to max of 10,000 steps daily, with average these days in the 8.000's. In spring/summer/fall, I row my single scull boat 2 - 3 times weekly and otherwise row on my machine at home for 10 minutes daily. Mostly just to keep the hips moving and benefit from strengthening of abs and glutes as well.

Lastly, I've been working with a postural restoration therapist for the last 4 years and if I didn't do the exercises that she has prescribed regularly, I probably would not be able to walk or do all that I'm able to do, even as I await the now, necessary, surgery.

I've already met with the physical therapist who will be doing my rehab post surgery and already doing some simple exercises he prescribed to be in the best shape possible when surgery day arrives.

look forward to conversing with many of you:)
LTHR done on May 25th!
Birthday
Mar 31, 1953 (Age: 73)
Location
Eugene, OR
Age
67
Gender
Female
Country
United States United States
State/Province/County
OR

Signature

Right TKR - June 24, 2025
Left THR - May 25, 2021

Following

Followers

Back
Top Bottom