Recent content by karmarcoux

  1. K

    TKR Left TKR on August 21

    HI Things have gotten a little better in the last few weeks. I had a major setback 2 weeks ago and had to go back on pain killers andwas put on Celebrex and I have lidocaine patches. My knee is finally starting to feel better but I am beyond frustrated everything seems to take forever to do...
  2. K

    TKR Left knee, 5wks out--sleep issues

    HI You had your surgery 1 day before me. I also have the same swelling in the same place and also in the back of my knee. Pt told me that the side swelling has to do with the way the knee muscles and ligaments attach to the quad muscle and the swelling it caused by my exercises but it would...
  3. K

    Recovery Time

    I would ask your doctor. I am seven weeks out and I am still not cleared to go back to work. I think the car will be okay as long as you get out and walk around, my surgeon is 1½ hours away and I had no issues on the way home and we didn't even stop. I don't know about the flying I am not...
  4. K

    TKR RTKR followed by Revision . Now LTKR giving trouble.

    You sound like you are doing better it is just going to take time. I agree with the frustration, I am seven weeks out from a TLKR you have been through a lot in a short amount of time. I agree some doctors don't care that was the way the first doctor I saw was told me if I was 20 years older...
  5. K

    TKR Left TKR on August 21

    Still doing okay but going a little stir crazy, 7 weeks out tomorrow. I really have no pain just a lot of swelling and stiffness. My doctor says the swelling may take months to totally go away, the original injury was 1 year ago today and I have had 3 surgeries since then and a lot of PT. The...
  6. K

    TKR Left TKR on August 21

    HI Outpatient therapy is going great. It is also great to be able to drive again. It now no longer have to use any cane or crutches pt says I am not a fall risk. I also now only take prescription pain killers on pt days in the morning, the rest of the time I take Aleve and Tylenol and...
  7. K

    TKR JasmineTheCat leaps forward

    Since my job requires standing I think he is looking at 5-6 months so I really don't know what he will say I would definitely call them.
  8. K

    TKR JasmineTheCat leaps forward

    Hi I am sure the surgeon will not allow you back to work. My surgeon at Dartmouth told my disability 12 weeks was the earliest he would let me back to work and I don't think he will at that point either
  9. K

    TKR Left TKR on August 21

    I had my first post op appointment they said everything looked great. X rays show a slight lateral deviation and said it may require a lateral release. I have never heard of this and was wondering what it is. They said my range of motion is great and I am almost completely off the pain...
  10. K

    TKR Left TKR on August 21

    Hi Went to my doctor she gave me Valium to sleep which has helped a lot. My calf and toes are swollen and sore. Went to Er no blood clots think it is swelling pushing on a nerve. I feel a little bit better every day. Need to call surgeon tomorrow to see if they want to do anything my first...
  11. K

    TKR Left TKR on August 21

    I am still doing great. I just get easily frustrated, I still am not sleeping right. I can cry at anything I am currently waiting for the doctor to call back and see if I should go see my primary doctor. I may be expecting too much from myself it has been less then 3 weeks.
  12. K

    TKR Left TKR on August 21

    kneeper I think I will use the shopping carts the most but tomorrow I have to go to Costco to get items for my kids lunches and I think I will use the cart there that store is too big to walk around in.
  13. K

    TKR Left TKR on August 21

    I am completely surprised at what I can do. I still have issues with muscle spasms on the front of my knee but I have Valium for them. I am going to call tomorrow to see why I am still getting them. I still get tired easily but I feel great.
  14. K

    TKR Left TKR on August 21

    I am still doing great. I went out twice over the weekend, once to the pharmacy/grocery store to get a prescription and cards. Yesterday I went to Walmart with my husband and was going to use the motorized cart but they were all being used. So I said to him let's just walk. I used the cart for...
  15. K

    TKR Left TKR on August 21

    Happymum I totally agree I found this site before my knee replacement and it has been great. I also have surgeon who does not worry about ROM as long as you are making progress. Pt says I am doing great I was at 80 yesterday and we went for a long walk outside. She says walking is sometimes...
Back
Top Bottom