Hi, I am a 56 year old wife and mom of twins who are completing their freshman year in college next month. I live in Los Angeles and my doctor is Dr. Andrew Spitzer. I am scheduled for TKR of my right knee on May 17 and TKR of my left knee 5 weeks later on June 21, 2017. I am nervous and excited to get these knees working again. I had stem cell injections in my right knee on Feb. 2 which was an epic fail! I was in bed for 3 weeks and had 50cc of fluid drained from my knee after 2 or 3 weeks, I cannot remember. It has been 11 weeks and I am in worse condition than before I got the stem cell injections. I want to be that person that says I wish I had done this sooner. I love this forum and joined back in 2009 when I was scheduled for bilateral TKR but chickened out at the last minute and was able to do well with an occasional synvisc injection until about 6 months ago when it got worse. I am curious about the different manufacturers of the knee implants and the size and gender issue. I cannot find any articles on that issue that explains the names of the different manufacturers. I went for a second opinion and that doctor told me he uses Stryker, triathlon which I have seen a few of the posts mention. I do not yet know which implant my doctor uses. I am looking forward to making this journey with all your help and support.
- Birthday
-
Jul 17, 1960
(Age: 66)
- Location
-
Beverly Hills
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
- Occupation
- Homemaker