Recent content by kalakeke

  1. K

    TKR So grateful to have found this community

    Wow @Relle I am amazed at your story. I had LTKR on April 2, 2019 and almost 4 mont out I still struggle with pain and ROM is sucky, even after an MUA 12 weeks post op. My OS and I have not discussed the other knee, but I am happy to hear you were brave to have the second done done. I hope you...
  2. K

    TKR Manipulation under Anesthesia (MUA)

    Hi there, I just had an MUA on June 21 because I could not bend past 90 after 11 weeks. You should be very proud of yourself for being where you are. The MUA does not really help with straightening. I’ve been in a lot of muscle pain since my MUA. If my PT pushes, I can now get to 105. Still not...
  3. K

    TKR Kakalele’s recovery

    Well, I went on my trip and it was fine on my way there, but on the way back it was pretty bad. However, I made it and here I am. Bad news, went to see OS yesterday and I will have an MUA next week. I am still in pain and I can’t bend passed 90. This has been a horrible experience and there...
  4. K

    TKR Kakalele’s recovery

    I posted twice and couldn’t delete it. Lol
  5. K

    TKR Kakalele’s recovery

    Hi everyone, so I will be 9 weeks post-op tomorrow and I’m flying 4 hours. I am not looking forward to it. I would have cancelled, but it’s my daughters graduation. I am still very much swollen and barely tinkering on 87 flex. I have no idea how I’m going to get through this. Someone told me...
  6. K

    TKR TortiTabby's recovery

    Wow @TortiTabby, our stories sound a bit similar. I my TKR was on April 2 and I went to work on week 3....not a good idea, but it’s done now. I have been very hard on myself and don’t know how to control it. I am now almost 9 weeks out and I am just tinkering on 90 degrees bend....horrible. I...
  7. K

    TKR Kakalele’s recovery

    I have a question/concern. I still have a swollen knee and I thought it should be down by now. Could it because I’m not icing? It’s swollen whether I walk or not. The tightness in front is still there and I figure it will continue to be there, but swollen 24 hours a day. Should I be icing more...
  8. K

    TKR Kakalele’s recovery

    I did go back to work too early and the circumstances in my life don’t really allow for rest and relaxation after work. It’s unfortunate, but my life. I will continue to do what I can and not allow the medical providers to pressure me into what my gut tells me is wrong. Thank you all.
  9. K

    TKR Kakalele’s recovery

    I will read the articles ASAP. I went to see my OS today and he said if I don’t get my extension where it needs to be soon that I’ll never get it back. Any thoughts on extension. I have pressure to bend and pressure to extend. My goodness. Thanks to all.
  10. K

    TKR Kakalele’s recovery

    Thank you all so much for all that advice. It actually puts me to tears...along with everything else that I’m so emotional about. I’m going to OS today and I’m feeling more confident now. Yes, my knee, whom I call Melonknee (totally a large Melon on my knee) will heal on its own. I can take a...
  11. K

    TKR Kakalele’s recovery

    More specific question. Where should I be at week 6? Estimate? My doc wanted me to be at 90 degrees flex at week 2-3. That didn’t happen and still hasn’t. I’m still at about 85.
  12. K

    TKR Kakalele’s recovery

    I am feeling so discouraged today...I know I’m not the only one and I hate that I invited myself and am attending my own pity party. I had PT this morning and my PT said I should have been going all the way around on the bike between week 4 and 6. I’m just at week 6. I’m disappointed in my...
  13. K

    TKR Kakalele’s recovery

    I agree Celle and that’s what I told my PT. My response was “No one is manipulating anything unless I agree and I don’t agree.” I will try and be more patient with myself. I went back to work part time on week three and week four I was back to full time. I think I may be pushing myself, but I’m...
  14. K

    TKR Kakalele’s recovery

    Thank you all. I don’t want to think about MUA, but my PT brought it up week 4 began. I was like “what, no way?” Scared the blood out of me. I feel better now. Thank you.
  15. K

    TKR Kakalele’s recovery

    So I’m 5 weeks out today from my TKR with the surgery date of April 2, 2019. I have had a difficult time, as some others on here may know about, with this surgery. I feel like I should be bending at 90 degrees and I’m shy of that, maybe 83. I had no idea going into this that it would be this...
Back
Top Bottom