well, five days off physio and exercises and a complete turn around. After three days I went for a gentle swim. I find it really hard to just do nothing. After I came out of the water I felt a kind of release inside the knee and now the ROM is much greater. I think I'm still behind what it's...
Thanks for all your answers and encouragement.
Ok, so I was doing the elevating wrong - not high enough.
I do not understand the use of pain medication though. Yes, my knee is stiff in that I cannot bend it properly but it is not at all painful. When I say high pain tolerance I don't mean I'm...
Thanks. Here are my answers.
1. Pain = none, 1. Stiffness = 5.
2. On discharge (23/12/18) I was prescribed 600mg Nurofen (every 8 hours if needed), 1g Paracetamol (every 8 hours if needed) and Tramadol in the event of extreme pain. I have a very high pain threshold and have not taken any pain...
Thanks for your replies. Maybe I was not very clear about my ROM. It was 102 on the machine but obviously that is being forced. The surgeon reckoned it was 50 when I saw him last Thursday although the physio seemed to think it was more.
My knee is not very swollen and it doesn't swell more...
Hi, I am at 7 weeks TKR left knee. Everything went really well, I had virtually no pain and was off all meds 2 days after discharge from hospital. Because it was over the Christmas and New Year period they made me take a passive motion machine home and use it for 4 hours a day. I got up to 102º...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.